Tripadvisor
Portland
Post
Inbox
Search

“The best focaccia bread I have ever tasted”
Review of Spicy Pickle

Ranked #2,169 of 5,075 Restaurants in Portland
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2015

I like panini sandwiches, but I have never been fond the bread that usually comes with them. I am used to focaccia bread that is tough and flavorless. Not here: I had a caprese panini that was simply delicious. Fresh tomatoes, good mozzarella, and an amazing rosemary focaccia that was truly a taste treat. Wow.

Date of visit: August 2015
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just happened upon Spicy Pickle by accident and were very pleased with the delicious, high quality salads.

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

When a downtown sandwich shop is empty at 1:00, buyer beware. But I like the soup, so I keep going back. The quality of food, service and cleanliness of the restaurant keeps going downhill. Not sure the manager cares... I won't be back.

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank beavers25
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Freshly prepared, quality ingredients and quick service.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was attending a conference in Downtown Portland and needed to grab some lunch. The Spicy Pickle was a perfect choice. Their soup and sandwiches were very flavorful. The price was just right. The people who worked there were friendly and efficient. All in all a great lunch experience (much better that fast food!)

Date of visit: April 2012

Been to Spicy Pickle? Share your experiences!