“Secrets of Nibiru was AMAZING!!!!”

Hour to Midnight - Room Escape Games
Ranked #8 of 60 Fun & Games in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Portland Oregon's premier room escape game facility. We will immerse you in a high-end theatrical experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 1, 2016

One of the best escape rooms I've played in the country. Amazing game with great sets and theme. Backstory was intriguing and game was SUPER FUN!

3  Thank brianz801
"movie"
"fun"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed May 9, 2016

This room was awesome. Attention to detail was amazing. The room was perfect in both set design and puzzle development. I own one of the other escape rooms in town and have to say that the Hour to Midnight owners (Tom and Ed) spent such a massive amount of time and thought into this room that they really are keeping that high standard that all escape rooms should have. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Vincent S
Reviewed April 17, 2016

We did the Secrets of Nibiru room, and it was a lot of fun! The room was detailed and felt like a real study, and the props and key pieces were very interesting and unique. There were a ton of puzzles to do, and many could be worked on in parallel, so everyone stayed busy the entire time - it definitely helps to have 6 or more people to be solving things the entire time to get it done in the hour. The lighting and sound effects were also great, and were a step above anything I have seen in an escape the room game. I'll admit, we needed a few hints to make it through - the hints were good though, and we never got stuck long enough to get frustrated. The people there working the game were really nice and friendly, and you could tell that they were enthusiastic about making the game a unique and fun experience. Also, as you are solving the room you get lot of tantalizing hints at a much larger, more involved background story. I was so busy solving puzzles the entire hour that I didn't get a chance to really concentrate much on the story, though I wish I had, as it sounded interesting.

The location was a little hard to find, as there wasn't yet a good sign up you can see from the street. Keep an eye out for a RadioShack sign, and park in that lot. And when you first walk into the place the lobby is nice and clean, but sparse. But as soon as you step into the beautiful escape room you completely forget about the lobby...

Overall it was a great experience, I'd definitely recommend it!

3  Thank artdjp
Thomas J, Owner at Hour to Midnight - Room Escape Games, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2016

Thanks for the kind words! We are hoping to have more signage up very soon, and we're still decorating the lobby. We just figured that the important part, aka the room, should be our primary focus.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

Secrets of Nibiru had a tight, cohesive setup and Hollywood level props and effects that would make Disneyland envious. Hour-To-Midnight's narrative driven puzzles definitely took escape rooms to the next level, delivering an immersive environment that I have yet to find anywhere else.

3  Thank Matt V

I'm so glad you enjoyed the room! Thanks for the review.