“Fun and different”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun and different”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

You will have the opportunity to taste a variety of brandies and liquors from their distillery. Some are sweet, some dry, and it was a nice experience. Doesn't last past a half hour, and is a nice change of pace. I would advise to skip the Pine flavor infused brandy, but the others, especially the pear were decent.

Visited September 2012

“Fun and different. Nice workers who made our experience special!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a great time doing something different, liquor tasting at 10am is always good! I wish I could remember the name of the woman who gave us the tutorial of the products that they make because she was informative and nice to visit with. We left with two delicious bottles of liquore and will look for their beverages when we return home.

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An adventure and an education”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We dropped by the distillery to pick up some eau to vie for a friend, and ended up sampling a wide range of liqueurs and grappas. We not only learned a great deal, we acquired some interesting items and had a wonderful time. A bit out of the way, but a stop not to be missed when visiting Portland.

Visited March 2012
New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great tasting room”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stopped by here one afternoon. They have some excellent brandies and eaux de vie. Free samples of some nice liquors including a Marc de Gewürztraminer that I tried that was as good as some I had in Germany a few years ago. I bought a few bottles while I was there. The woman that was working the tasting room was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“From too many pears to the world's best small distillery whiskey!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Clear Creek Distillary was started by Steve McCarthy to help his pear growing faamily in Hood River. He started the Pear eau d'vie with a Pear-in-the-Bottle by placing bottles over tiny pears in the orchard. He opened a distillery in NW Portland (recently moved to the NW Industrial area), and soon had a line of prized distilled spirits. He cooperated with Widmer Brothers Brewery to get peated barley that he turned into small still Whiskey (he can't use Schtch since it wasn't made in Scotland). A judge from London rated his whiskey the best small batch in the world. I have toured his facilities several times, and enjoyed the tour and tastings afterward. I have yet to get to the new location (it hasn't been very long since he moved). One other special product that sells out a few months after it goes on sale is his Framboise (Raspberry eau d'vie) made from Oregon Raspberries, and takes about 20 pounds to yield a 375ml bottle. As a professional safety consultant, I justified the tours with a professional group because his product is flammable, and we saw all the steps to control static electricity. Then we tasted the products.

1 Thank whimsicalraven