“Very Good Beef and Good Service”
Review of Podnah's Pit BBQ

Podnah's Pit BBQ
Ranked #73 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went our of our way to stop by Podnah's after seeing it on Triple D. I had the beef brisket and excellent. My wife had the shredded brisket in BBQ sauce. A bit overwhelming for me. We had plenty to eat and our server was friendly and fast. This is a busy place. We were there at 5:00 on a Wednesday night and by the time we left, it was full. We live an hour away, but will go back again. I want the RIBS.....they looked awesome.

There are newer reviews for Podnah's Pit BBQ

Reviewed September 30, 2012

After all the great reviews, we were excited to try Podnah's. The loud obnoxious music that greeted us nearly sent us away without trying the food. It's the Hard Rock Cafe approach: Irritate customers and get them to move on, because people are waiting. We spent our dinner shouting over the piped-in music.

But we stayed. It's table service, not BBQ counter service. Our server was attentive and pleasant. There was a nice selection of local draft beers, and portions were generous. The brisket was not a tender as I like, but it was moist. The flavor was not as good as beef I've had in Texas and Oklahoma. (Can't Oregon get the same grass feed?) The collard greens were fantastic! Overall, there was nothing wrong with the food, but the experience was not worth the 1/2 hour drive across town.

1  Thank TJandTR
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Service was good...food was better...BBQ is very good, but the side dishes are outstanding. If you like beer ( I don't) they have a huge selection of micro brews.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Truly the best ribs I've ever had. the trip tip was also unbelievable. the ambience is essentially nothing, but who cares? we're there for the food! expect a wait, but it's worth it.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Three of us went for dinner on a saturday night. I had the special, smoked prime rib, which was excellent and large. The other two had ribs and brisket, both of which were as good as I have ever had. Collard greens were outstanding, bbq beans were good. Good selection of Portland microbrew beers.

I forgot my hat and had to go back sunday morning. We decided to stay for breakfast and were glad we did. Meals are non-standard but delicious, such as chicken-fried steak with home-fries, eggs, biscuit, gravy.