“Unique spins on a classic”
Review of Dove Vivi

Dove Vivi
Ranked #295 of 4,587 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Small, quaint pizza joint on the corner of NE 28th & Glisan. Love their flavor combinations, the pesto one and the sausage/corn ones are best IMO. The cornmeal crust is delicious...but I guess you get to a point where you crave a more NY or classic crust. Can be dry on the palate (even though it is cooked well).

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I am still in love with the fact my boyfriend brought me here on one of our first dates. The sweet warm quaint candle-lot ambience feels French-inspired to me, despite the Italian fare. Warm wood tables decorated with candle lit mason jars and tiny bunches of flowers are only a small token of detail that make this place one of my favorite spots in Portland. Not to mention, the food is amazing, bursting with amazing flavor combinations. The kale salad and corn pizza are amazing!

Come. Bring a date. Prepare to impress. Prepare to be impressed.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've been to Dove Vivi several times and each time I'm surprised at how good the pizza is. And the kale salad is awesome. Since I live in an outlying town, I have to drive miles to get there, but it's ALWAYS worth the trip. I swear next time, I'll order an extra pizza as I love the crust (it's kind of savory crunchy cornmeal ... yum!) and the fillings are always interesting. Love the corn and cashew but the meat and more standard fillings are also wonderful. It's great warm, but equally delicious cold the next day. The space is crowded and noisy but the service is generally good. Plan on parking close by ... there is almost never a place in front.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I tend to review more hotels than restaurants on TripAdvisor, but this is one is worth the effort. One of my favorite restaurants in town.

Small simple menu. Pizza is not really pizza, but delicious. An interesting blend between a quiche and a pizza, with a corn flour crust.

I usually order the quattro formaggi pizza but almost all of them are exquisite. The vegan nut cheese pizzas are good too. Salads are very good. I like the plain green salad, with a great dressing.

I highly recommend the dandelion and rudock soda (by fentimans) and for dessert the lemon chocolate truffles by local chocolatier RX, simply delicious.

On the not so negative side, the place is super small and very crowded, even on weekdays. The waits tend to be long and the tables are on top of each other. I recommend to go early, around 4-5pm when things are quiet or order to go. Not cheap compared to regular pizza, but it is very filling and you end up eating 2 slides top.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

One of the best veggie pizzas I've had anywhere. Add corn for an additional treat. Love the corn meal crust. Salads are fresh and good. My husband gets the goat cheese pizza and he swears by it.