“Pampered”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland's White House
Ranked #2 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
Bend, Oregon
“Pampered”
Reviewed February 19, 2007

This is the B&B to stay with. Not only are you enveloped in a beautiful home with wonderful antiques and history, but also cushy beds with daily truffles and a caring staff.
We're were late getting in and called the house to receive a "no problem we'll be here for you"!
Breakfasts are thought-out delicious menus that were different for the four mornings we were there. During breakfast the hosts offered many suggestions and an offer of arranging reservations for new & old spots to dine. In short we had a concienceirce serving us breakfast, offering great and fun conversation and making the stay an excellent one! Don't over look this wonderful accommodation.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — ??
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bend10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Portland, OR
Reviewed February 17, 2007

This year was my year to organize an annual girls weekend, and I was so happy to find Portland's White House in my own hometown. Instead of renting a home in some destination, we rented the main house at Portland's White House for 9 people and everyone found themselves with the most luxerious accomodations - beautiful rooms, incredibly comfortable beds, fresh-baked cookies each night and homemade breakfasts each morning, plus plenty of enjoyable spaces throughout the house to relax. Tremendous thought is given to everything, and the experience is incredibly personalized to the visitors - with a number of our special requests met. We've made our getaways in previous years in places like Napa and Sonoma, but no question, our stay at Portland's White House was the reason this year's getaway in Portland rivaled those of year's past. Now that i've discovered this gem of a place in my own hometown, I will recommend it to future guests instead of Portland's hotels.

• Liked — Luxerious accomodations and impecable service
  • Disliked — Nothing dissatisfying
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bruto
Laguna Beach
Reviewed February 11, 2007

We were doing a whirl wind trip of Oregon and stayed at the Campbell House in Eugene. We asked them for a recommendation in Portland and they told us to call Portland's White House. WOW, we were so happy we did!! Lanning - one of the Hosts of the White House made us feel like VIPs. The accommodations were luscious (majestic entry way, dining and sitting areas, antiques, featherbeds, linens & clawfoot bath tubs) and the conversation entertaining. We wanted to eat at a restaurant we had read about in Sunset. Lanning picked up the phone and got us in even though they were booked. We have already recommended this place to people we know are going to Portland. The experience is one you will remember and feel grateful for!

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank ANShav
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I travel for business all over the west and I have now found my favorite B&B, the Portland White House. Having a hectic travel schedule, I need a little TLC when I finally make it to my stop for the night. I was greated with cookies and chocolates in my room. The Chaufeur's room with the four-poster bed and jacuzzi tub was just the ticket.
Lanning and Steve have a wonderful sense of style and sensitivity for their road weary guests. Breakfast was simple since I had to leave before most of the guests were even out of bed, but the attention to detail and generosity of my hosts was very much appreciated.
I didn't get the chance to check out the rooms in the main house, but I definitely will be back to spend more time at the beautiful Inn.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — fan in the bathroom ran all night
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank 4annielee
Santa Monica
Reviewed December 27, 2006

Portland's White House is a true gem! It has an elegance and warmth unlike any other place. It's like staying at the Ritz and the owners are your friends! Lanning and Steve add such a wonderful personal touch, staying their feels like home. And the food! You can't miss the truly delicious breakfasts every morning! AND, Lanning's famous chocolate chip cookies are too die for -- no joke! I look forward to many more stays at Portland's White House and staying in every gorgeous room!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Tips/Secrets — Relax, enjoy and have a wonderful time!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerSantaMonica
San Francisco
Reviewed December 26, 2006

This place is really a gem, almost preposterous (for Portland, anyway) in its grandeur. Upon our arrival, we were greeted simultaneously by a profusion of porcelain figurines, the weighty heft of a huge staircase and a dude wearing Pumas and a smile who very kindly fetched me matches (from a tattoo parlor, as I remember).

We stayed but one night in the Carolina room, a second floor room in what I presume to be a part of a former carriage house. Though small, we felt surrounded by elegance and downright poshness. The sheets and pillows were divine. The bathroom was stocked with tiny Molton Brown shower gels and lotions. We had at least four pillows on our fourposter, also spread with a featherbed. Their down bedding is the only kind in the world that doesn't make me sneeze or wheeze. We slept like logs, if logs got to sleep on really good mattresses.

Breakfast in the diningroom is amazing. And fattening. Waffles, whipped butter, berries, coffee. The cooks are to be commended. But there may be nothing more yummy than the chocolate hazelnut (?) cookies they left on the dresser to tide us over before dinner on the night of our arrival.

My only concern (it doesn't even qualify as a complaint) is the pre-wedding raucus that may wake other non-wedding travelers who want to sleep in. It was summer, so what can you do. Next door to us, we heard a lot of whooping and hollering by Team Bride to Be, preparing to be wed downstairs that afternoon. But that was kind of cool.

All in all, a lovely and singular experience.

• Liked — The bedding
  • Disliked — The unending parade of wedding receptions held there in summer
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bathmatqueen
Delray Beach FL
Reviewed December 4, 2006

We coldn't believe how friendly everyone was when we got to this beautiful Inn. Lanning and his staff treat you like family. Going to sleep withthe smell of melt in your mouth thousand calorie cookies is devine. I was traveling with my 4 month old son and they were SO helpful from letting me wash my bottles in their sink to playing with him. It's very refreshing to have people so Baby friendly. The rooms were big with beautiful antiques and done very well. Great bed linens on the bed as well. Some B&B can be very stuffy not this one very friendly and helpful.
Thanks to Lanning and Steve and all the others for a Fabulous stay!!

• Liked — Frriendly service
  • Disliked — rooms were to hot
  • Tips/Secrets — Nope