“Best service and breakfast ever!! Lo mejor, el servicio y el desayuno !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland's White House Inn
Ranked #2 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was in this hotel for 3 days and its really nice, The bed is comfortable, The service is great, they make you feel at home, The breakfast is awesome! Yummmmmmy

Es un hotel muy bonito, parece que estas en casa, las camas muy cómodas, el servicio es excelente siempre dispuestos a ayudarte, el desayuno es delicioso y te hacen sentir en casa!

• Stayed: March 2014
portlandswhitehouse, General Manager at Portland's White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Sherrylicious..... THANK YOU!!! You are the BEST for taking the time out to review us!!! And in two languages!!!!
Big hugs from all of us here at Portland's White House Inn!!!

There are newer reviews for Portland's White House Inn

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My s.o. and I stayed here for a special night out (we live locally) and thought this was going to be a great experience. The room sounded perfect online and it looked nice, but the stairs running along one wall were terribly noisy, the tub would not fit 2 people, and overall it was a very underwhelming experience. Maybe if you don't stay in the downstairs room in the carriage house it would be a better experience. If you do, be warned that it sounds like a pack of elephants going up and down, even if it's a child.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenn H
portlandswhitehouse, Manager at Portland's White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Oh sad. Underwhelmed is not what we were striving for! And it took you almost a year to respond. We don't claim anywhere that the tub in the Chauffeurs Quarters is a two person tub... however, it is larger than a standard tub. Thank you for the tip about the noise issue. We haven't had that complaint before so we are looking into how to correct that. We strive to provide the BEST in service, value, cleanliness, sleep quality, uniqueness and luxury here at Portland's White House Inn. Please email me so we can do something nice for you. web@portlandswhitehouse.com
Warmest regards from Lanning, Myra and all of us here at Portland's White House Inn

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Portland's White House in February 2014 when the city was blanketed with an unusual amount of snow. But the house was cozy warm in every way because Lanning went out of his way to make sure we felt welcome. Breakfast is served at a beautiful, long table. (One of the other guests said it reminded him of the dining table at Downton Abbey. But they never had eggs benedict with crab cakes or waffles and fried chicken!) It is no accident that conversation flowed like the excellent coffee. Lanning makes a point of creating an environment of conviviality. I guess it's a southern thing, and I like it! Let him take you on a tour of his antique collection if you get a chance.

Our room was beautifully appointed. I took a bath in the gigantic claw foot tub and the hot water was endless! Plan on eating a few extra calories. The house made cookies are irresistible!

Yes, we will stay here again. Definitely!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie L
portlandswhitehouse, General Manager at Portland's White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you Lauri for taking the time to write such an eloquent review!!! It was fun being snowed in together at Portland's White House Inn!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Portland's White House gave me one of the most amazing stays *ever* at a B&B or hotel! Lanning and his staff--Myra, Shawn, Amina, and Catherine--extended a warm and friendly welcome during my 4 days with them. Myra greeted me at the door, and I admit I had a difficult time talking with her--the over-the-top gorgeous house commanded my attention! The soaring grand staircase, with its stained glass landing and sculptures, leads to the bedrooms on the second floor. I stayed in "Baron's Room," a beautiful blue room with a king-sized bed, wardrobe, dresser, table (with amazing lamp), and desk. It is a corner room with three large windows that are appointed with beautiful gold drapes. The feathertop bed was incredibly comfortable! And it seemed to me that the feather/down pillows were of differing types, perfect for finding the pillow I liked the most! It really was very easy to sink into the bed and drift away in slumber! The bathroom features turn-of-the-century charm with its claw bathtub, pedestal sink, vanity, and tiles. The toiletries provided gratis included shampoo, body wash, lotion, and milk soap. I peeked into the other bedrooms and found the same attention to detail in them, too. The master suite, the "Rose Room," located at the other end of the hall, seemed even more impressive than the Baron!

Every morning a hot breakfast was served in the dining room, which was elegantly spread with linens and fine china. Tea and coffee were also graciously served by Myra, and the staff work hard to meet your schedule and tastes. At no time did I ever feel rushed out of my room or from the table. If I ever wanted anything, all I had to do was ask and it was given freely. (How nice!)

It is plausible that some people may complain about the room size / price ratio. A savvy traveler appreciates that Portland's White House is a luxurious, historic B&B. Please don't insult yourself (or the staff) by expecting motor lodge prices. In return, though, you'll receive great service, a magnificent room, a deep night's sleep, and a full, warm breakfast to start off your day. :D

Room Tip: If there is any question which room is perfect for you, just call Portland's White House and spe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank John D
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had stayed at the White House a number of years ago and had great memories. But this time…not so good. Our room was very small and way overpriced for what we got. ($150 a night) Aside from the fact that the lock was difficult to work, the room was chilly, the toilet frequently plugged, and one piece of soap all week, our real complaint was that there were no drawers, no shelves, no surfaces of any kind to set things down. There was only one luggage caddy and one chair. Honestly this room might have been OK for one person, but we two were crowded and unhappy. Lanning, you might try to live in this room yourself to see what we're saying. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Blarney room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We hosted our company holiday party here last week and several of us stayed overnight, including me and my wife. Food at dinner and at breakfast the next morning was fresh and delicious, and the hosts and staff were incredibly gracious, even giving us a lift to Union Station to catch our train. The house itself is a masterpiece of Victorian architecture and decoration, and rooms and beds were comfortable. We hope to be back again next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The experience from the call to book the reservation to the early morning departure was wonderful. If you need to access the airport, Portland's White House is an ideal location. The house and the guest rooms are tastefully decorated and quite comfortable. The house has been maintained in its original design with an elegant romantic aura. The staff was extremely helpful, there when needed but not hovering over you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple