Portland's White House Inn
$215
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$140
Cancelon
All reviewsbed and breakfastcanopy roomcarriage houserose roomcarolina roommoonstruck chocolateslumber baronbread pudding french toastdelicious cookiesthe main housegrand pianoirvington districtlovely neighborhoodother guestseach morningresidential neighborhoodbeautiful property
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Was looking for a special place to stay in Portland and a friend suggested checking out the White House. SO glad I chose this location. This bed and breakfast is beautiful inside and out, very elegant and well maintained. We stayed in the canopy room, which had the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in, and a jacuzzi tub big enough for two in the bathroom. The host, Lannie, was wonderfully personable. He and his staff had gourmet breakfasts for us each morning, recommended sights to see and places to visit, as well as the best restaurants for dinner. And every night, after coming back from our day trips, there were homemade cookies and chocolates and a bucket of iced champaigne waiting for us in our room. Can't say enough about what a wonderul experience we had there. Thankyou!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dove007
Reviewed January 29, 2008

My wife, Judy, and I stayed in Seattle and Portland recently, and had a great trip. After leaving Seattle, we continued to Portland, where we stayed at the White House. Our room was the Baron, with a large bathroom, and the most comfortable King bed I have ever slept in. We stayed 3 nights, and the hardest thing to give up was the feather bed. All hypo-allergenic, it was so luxurious that we slept through breakfast on one of the mornings. And the breakfasts are not the kind you want to miss! Lanning and his staff are so welcoming and friendly, that we felt at home immediately. The location was close to downtown, and to the antique stores that we spent too much time in. We will return!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Judithena
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Beautiful home in a lovely neighborhood in Portland Oregon. Parking was not a problem and there was easy access to public transportation as well. Breakfast was outstanding and our hosts were friendly and very accomodating. Our room furnished in lovely period antiques, the bed was comfortable, and the six head shower was a pleasure to step into. And the cookies left in our room were fantastic!

We'll be back again soon.

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank rebnic
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Recently my wife and myself spent four days at Portlands White House. The weather was abysmal, cold, wet, windy, the entire time. However, the conditions outdoors were more than offset by the ambiance of the facility and the warmth, courtesy, and personal attention paid to myself and my wife by Lanny, Steve and the rest of the staff. Each breakfast was full, well prepared and presented in a formal dining room which allowed interaction with other guests. Resturant recommendations made by Lanny were excellent and well within the parameters which I deliniated. Summarily, we intend to visit again on our next visit to Portland.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JamesofOregon
Reviewed December 18, 2007

We had a great experience having our April wedding at Portland’s White House. It was an intimate, beautiful wedding that was also a lot of fun. Lanning and his lovely staff made the day seamless and worry free. When we started looking for a place to get married, our main criteria was good food, we were also hoping for a pretty and beautiful location. The White House had it all. The food was amazing! And the building, both inside and out, was gorgeous and perfect for pictures. Staying the night with our families and wedding party was an unforgettable way to end a very special day. We are still getting compliments on our beautiful and fun wedding, eight months later. I would certainly recommend Portland’s White House as a great wedding location and I look forward to visiting again as a B&B guest.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple