“Average venue”
Review of Wonder Ballroom

Wonder Ballroom
Ranked #17 of 50 Concerts & Shows in Portland
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Saw my first show there this past Saturday and was not super impressed with the venue. It was a bluegrass band and the acoustics were not great. The building is beautiful, but there is only 2 rows of seating if you want to sit, otherwise be ready to stand a mingle in a big crowd. There are two bars though, so drinks flow easily and there is a restaurant attached.

Reviewed January 2, 2010

i went home 2X to get my identification--once my wallet with expired drivers license but with the paper from the california DMV that was a temporary and make it totally legal to drive and was all the paperwork i need to drive a moving vehicle. That was not enough. They needed a $^#$%# picture on the temporary and i explained that this is how california does it, but to no avail. we had already turned around the car to get my wallet so this was aggravating. We had to drove home--luckily only 20 minutes away. When i returned the guy behind me who was CLEARLY over 21--atleast 30 was denied for the same reason i had been. he was pissed and i don't blame him. i brought them 100& worth of business by telling my friends about the show and that was what i got.

the thing that makes their policy suck so much is that they almost never have the 21 + shows that i have been to anyways. i have been there about 6 times now and only once was there this policy leaving people no ability to be prepared. they have this policy when they but in super duper lame seating so that the one sequestered bar area is no longer segregated due to the added seating in the area where you can usually dance.

so also there was no dancing and a ton if not about everyone was talking since they were sitting. the show was fun for me but only because the band (the wood brothers) were amazing,

never see a 21 and over show here!! they don't deserve your money. when it is all ages it is a fine venue--nothing amazing but a lot of bands ai love play there now and it is better than some alternatives i suppose.

1  Thank untoherselfalone
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I couldn't believe it, Bought the tickets months in advance, waited anxiously for my favorite band to come, Drove all the way down, then to be turned away because my 46 year old wife forgot her ID. I understand there is a rule, But come on, lets just use a LITTLE common sense...wouldn't refund the tickets, just said 'Go and get ID', We live an hour away!...

3  Thank Todd420