“Comfort food!”
Review of Eleni's Philoxenia

Eleni's Philoxenia
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleni's Philoxenia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pearl
Portland, Oregon
“Comfort food!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Eleni's is a lovely restaurant. Ambiance was perfect. Somewhat dark with lots of booths. The most generous glass of white wine I've had in Portland, ever! There is nothing that gets my goat more than a chintzy glass of wine! My glass must have been at least 8 ounces! We loved the entree's. I had the lamb. It was superb. Even better left over. Interesting appetizers. Great service, except that our server was a bit abrupt. She would interrupt our conversation rather than wait just a sec for us to give her our attention.

Over all, we will go back!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BarefootBuddies

San Diego, California
“Delicious & Authentic”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

In town for business and this restaurant was recommended to me by my Hotel....absolutely delicious. I dont remember the food being this good in Greece. When you walk in you expect it to be a "fine dining" experience but its relaxed and cozy. Some of these restaurants in this area take themselves too seriously. I was very please. It was a quiet night there which was shocking because the food is beyond delicious. I recommend it highly.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Superb”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just had a great meal here. Eleni's is the quintessential "Pearl" establishment, feels like dining in Soho. Cool, high style, loft like space. Friendly and attentive staff. The filo wrapped feta with honey was particularly noteworthy. Everything else superb. A really fabulous experience all round.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Drewmc50
Las Vegas, Nevada
“3 1/2 stars”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The portions were small and a bit expensive. I got the rack of lamb and it was two tiny chunks which was the smallest serving of rack of lamb I can remember. The lamb was good as was the rest of the dish. Also had the dips, good dips and looked freshly made not packaged. The place was dark, an old converted warehouse and had a decent feel. They have a good happy hour menu tues-Friday 5-7 with 8 dollar lamb pita and dips. I'd go back to enjoy those next time I'm in Portland, doubtful I'd get the lamb again as much as I love lamb.

Naples FL
“Upscale Greek food in upscale Pearl Street area awaits you”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

With a Greek wife, we look for a mix of Greek food when we travel. We found Eleni's Philoxenia in Portland to be a restaurant serving Greek food, its owner having a background from the island of Crete. We had a rack of lamb that was grilled perfectly. I had the Moussaka and it too was great. The baklava for desert was tasty.

The restaurant is located in the trendy Perl Street area of Portland in a converted warehouse. It has an upscale feel and appearance, though casual dress seems to be the standard. Service was excellent and helpful in the selection of both food and wine. If you are looking for an excellent meal that is not the standard French, Italian, Spanish fare, then you should try Eleni's.

• Visited July 2012