“Excellent all around”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Excellent all around”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am on the road 15 + weeks a year but the Screen Door close to home is one of my favorite spots. The line up can be very disconcerning, especially if you do not get there early. Recommend getting there 1/2 hour before opening and if possible, go on a week day.

Service: The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive. She made recommendations and they were right on. I am from South Carolina and the Fried Okra and hush puppies appetizers were
the best I have ever had. Obviously the oil was very fresh.

Food: I mentioned the appetizers above but the entrees are just as awesome. My wife and her friend had the Fried Chicken and it was two huge boneless breasts again fried just right in fresh oil. I ordered the sampler plate and had fantastic red beans and rice, pork chop and fried catfish. Just WOW !! All was cooked just right. I was overwhelmed. I would have had the brisket but the best brisket in Oregon is mine so I am spoiled. :-)

• Visited July 2014

Granite Bay, California
“Always a wait but always excellent food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I fly from California to Portland sometimes just to eat at this place. We waited a hour but it was well worth it. I had the fried chicken livers and my wife had the chicken wings. We also added the green beans. Sometimes we go fir the full meal but this time the sides were enough. The soul food here is something I don't eat anywhere else. The fried chicken and catfish are also excellent. The service is good as well. We will be back again next month

• Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Yummy food!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Long wait for sure. But the food is well worth it!

Best fried chicken northwest of the mason-dixie line - relatively thin layer of batter and SUPER FRESH AND JUICY chicken meat!

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Fried chicken”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Let's start off saying this is the best fried chicken that I have far, love boneless breast and the pepper breading. We also got the fried oysters and fried okra which every one loved, I didn't try them since I don't like them also we had the hush puppies and they was good. Need to get their early or you will have to wait. But the wait is worth it.

Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon
“All around good food”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here a handful of times now and have yet to be disappointed! When we go for dinner I have a tendency to get the screen door plate (3 sides of your choosing) and I always get the fried catfish as one of my sides! Fried catfish was never something on my radar until screen door and now I truly crave it, crispy, juicy, delicious and the remoulade they serve with it tops the whole thing off. Their brunch is also amazing, not to be missed. Their chicken and waffles are the best, my boyfriend who grew up eating chicken and waffles swears they're the best he's ever had. The chicken is crispy and moist, not to mention there's a lot of it, and it's served with a sweet potato waffle! All the elements on their own are nice but when you get that perfect bite of everything it's unforgettable.

Visited January 2014