“PDX Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Burlingame, California
“PDX Dinner”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Finally got to try Screen Door for dinner rather than their fantastic weekend brunch. Still a wait on a Thursday night, but they told us 30 minutes and it was 30 minutes--they are good at managing the lines. Have a cocktail while you wait, it's not so bad. Our 4 meals and 3 apps were half the cost of my similar NYC meals the week earlier, and equally excellent. Hearty, southern based, big portions, and attentive service. We sat outside, and the night temp was just fine.
Highly recommended!

Huntington Beach, California, United States
“that southern comfort”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

...am I right? Chicken and waffles, a classic if you're from those parts. Join the southern comfort among north westerners at this lovely little open porch kinda place. Go for brunch.

For more tips of cool stuff to do in PDX, check out my blog post: “What to do in Portland if you only have one weekend” you’ll love it. >> http://itsalisa.com/2014/03/07/things-to-do-in-portland/ :)

Visited November 2013
Pukalani, Hawaii
“Good fried chicken!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Fried chicken was great! I would be sure to get there early or the wait times will be long! I can only review the chicken because that's the only thing I had. It was very crunchy and juicy and came with mashed potatoes and collared greens. I would skip the greens the next time and try the coleslaw.

Visited June 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
“THE best restaurant in Portland!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Our family has been here a couple of times and they NEVER disappoint! This last time it was just my husband and me and it was wonderful! We went on a Sunday evening and waited only maybe 30 minutes despite the crowd of people waiting inside and out. We had the scallop appetizer - scallops with chicken fried pork belly on grits. TO.DIE.FOR!! My husband had the fried chicken and I had the pork shoulder. Both made to perfection! We couldn't even eat all the chicken and it tasted just as good the next day cold. We took the always yummy pecan pie to go.
We love this place!! Thank you from a true foodie!!

Cape Coral, Florida
“Holy Yum.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was told that Screen door was a must eat at while in Portland, and I would definitely agree. We got there close to opening and the line was already around the building. Our name was placed on the wait list, and then that is exactly what we did.
We waited for about an hour.
It was worth every second of agony and hunger. There are both inside and outside areas to sit until your table is ready and staff is good about keeping up on bussing tables and getting everyone sat. Once we sat down we ordered drinks and hushpuppies for an appetizer. Although my friend didn't seem impressed with her bar drink (it was a lemonade one that is a signature), the hushpuppies were to die for. I ordered the chicken appetizer with a side of grits, and my friend ordered the side plate (you get three sides of your choice with a huge hunk of cornbread). All I can say is if you have the choice, get the macaroni and cheese. I am pretty sure this is the best mac and cheese that has ever touched my lips. Absolutely amazing. The chicken tenders were also wonderful, and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again. Honestly, everything was wonderful. But that mac and cheese.....
I would highly recommend screen door if you are in portland and don't mind the wait. I know I will certainly be back to try their brunch.