“Oh My CHICKEN!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Screen Door

Screen Door
Ranked #7 of 4,238 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NWT
“Oh My CHICKEN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a lovely dining experience here last night (Tuesday), with fantastically attentive service from Ben.
Ben knew about every item on the menu and could share local beer knowledge as well.
The. chicken. was. ridiculous. I have never tasted chicken as delicious in my life. The collard greens were also amazing.

We started out with fried okra and hushpuppies, and the okra won that round. There was good local brew on tap, and we also tried a delicious black ale from Louisiana that would have been perfect for a cold day.

Doors opened at 5:30 sharp, and there was a line of about 20 people when we showed up at 5:20...The place was packed with people waiting outside, inside on benches and at the bar when we left at about 6:45.

We'll go back on this trip for sure...Only room for chicken next time, though!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cubabound2008

Victoria, Canada
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The doors open at 5.30pm in the evening and there is already a queue to get in. We got there about 5.45pm one night and told a 45 minute wait but were in after 20. Its busy and the atmosphere is great also there is a great selection of beers. The meals are huge and very reasonably priced.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank wbabronco
Orlando, Florida
“Best brunch in Portland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Garden Grits and Pecan Praline Bacon are to die for! Great atmosphere! A little bit of a wait on a weekend morning so get there early. This was a wonderful experience.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Worth the loooong wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived around 8:30 on a Friday and didn't start eating till 9:45. Despite my starved state when I was there, my review is quite lucid. I am from the south...the DEEP south... Mississippi. And I can honestly say that Screen Door's fried chicken is better than any other I've had. And I've attended many a tailgate party! Mashed potatoes were outstanding, wine was great and local, and the atmosphere was quite pleasant (outdoors in beautiful weather, park bench style). Big kudos to Screen Door! I may have to have some food Fed-Ex-d for my next tailgate party :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sexybeach74
Vancouver, Canada
“A great place for a Southern Food fix!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I saw the menu at this restaurant, it was my #1 choice for our trip to Portland. As a displaced southern girl, I miss food from home. We were not disappointed! We arrived around 6pm and did have to wait over an hour and a half on a Tuesday night. I have to say that we went a little crazy and ordered way too much food! All was delicious though. My favorite was the fried green tomatoes with shrimp remolaude sauce-Amazing! We tasted appetizers of fried okra and shrimp with grits-so yummy! Our kids had chicken fried chicken with potatoes and gravy. The portions of the main dishes are big. We were still full at lunch the next day. I think this spot is worth the trip and time. Know going in that you will be waiting a while. They are not opposed to you having a drink while you wait and that is what I recommend!

• Visited September 2013