“Delicious food, long wait”
Review of Screen Door

Screen Door
Ranked #8 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Cajun food and quaint atmosphere was wonderful. The prices were very reasonable, the portions were large (yay left overs), and every plate was flavorful, beautiful and delicious! The only downfall is the wait. We arrived right at 5;30 and had to wait 30 minutes just to get on the list. We had to wait another hour before being seated. We just walked up and down the streets while waiting and had coffee in a little shop down the road. We were lucky enough to get an outside table with lots of leg room and the food came very fast. I didn't get a good look at the inside but it seemed crowed.

Overall, completely worth it! Just be prepared for the wait. We did fine with our 3 and 6 year old.

There are newer reviews for Screen Door

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the place folks.Come stand in line,chat with friendly people and wait for a table for a most excellent meal.Yes, the fried chicken and mashed potatoes are divine.Mac and cheese is the best ever,ditto for the drinks.I spend a lot of time eating in the south with relatives and this was just as good.If you have 6 people and are all present to seat at your specified time then you can make a reservation.5 people and someone is missing?you do not get seated.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have gone to the Screen Door a few time and have never been disappointed. The wait is long but the service is good and the food is great. It is home made and fresh. The coffee and drinks are also very good.

1  Thank chef_n_wa
Reviewed August 23, 2013

service was excellent-- food was good flavorful and freshly cooked.
great experience. strongly recommend the salads and yes the fried chicken meal.
the macaroni cheese was awesome !!
weekends has folks waiting in line -- be prepared for a 30-40 minute wait.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

OMG! The food here was amazing and satisfying! I've never had chicken and waffles that taste that great! The waffles were made of sweet potato! The stack of chicken breast was well seasoned and savored in my mouth. Oh! so delicious! I made the mistake of ordering a second plate of food which was their Alabama Scramble! I guess I should've read reviews about their portion sizes! You get an enormous amount of food so, make sure you're awfully hungry before you get there! Actually, by the time you get into the restuarant, you will be very hungry! The restuarant opens at 9:00 on Saturday morning and the line started forming at 8:00 ( I guess, since I was there at 8:20am). If you're in Portland, Ore., make this place a definite stop during your stay. I'm glad I did! I'm telling everyone in Seattle area about this spot!