“Wow!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Screen Door

Screen Door
Ranked #6 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christiana, Tennessee
“Wow!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love fried chicken. I'm from the south and I've have eaten fried chicken all over. This is a place that I would go back and tell everyone to go eat here. We had been on vacation for a week and I was wanting some good home cooking. So we tried the Screen Door. We did not go wrong. Everything was great here. Would have love to had desert but after eating two pieces of fried chicken, and potatoes and turnip greens. We will have to go back to Portland just to eat here again.

• Visited June 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“We go every time we go to Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

It is so delicious! Try the Fried Chicken, Fried Okra, Macaroni and Cheese. Great atmosphere. Modern Southern cuisine.

Visited June 2013
British Columbia, Canada
“Portland Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This funky restaurant in a Portland suburb reminds me of the series "Portlandia". Delicious locally-sourced foods, southern twist, carefully and freshly prepared, served by funky folks. Wine choices excellent and well priced. This chef is a thinking guy who puts great care into his stuff. Busy and bustling and service excellent.

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Famous for the great breakfast but expect a LONG wait. free coffee while you stand around outside with the other 50 people waiting to get in. When you get in, food is very good, atmosphere is loud, hard to have a conversation, staff is harried.

Visited June 2013
Dallas
“Excellent Food, Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We decided to try Screen Door around 8:15 PM on a Saturday night for a more fun anniversary dinner. The wait was about 50 minutes, which was no problem at all since we were expecting a wait ad it was a nice night out. Once seated, we decided to try an app and two entrees. For our app, we chose the pimento cheese which was served with these thin, crispy, sesame-covered "crackers" (for lack of a better term). Delicious. My husband ordered the plate where he got to pick three sides and he enjoyed that. I had to try the southern fried chicken that I had heard so much about. We are both from the south, born and raised in Texas and have never lived elsewhere, and I can confidently say this was the BEST southern fried chicken I have ever had, hands down. Perfectly peppery, moist, cooked perfectly, and served with a delicious gravy, this was it. Wow. Even the collard greens (which I usually hate) were fantastic, and the mashed potatoes were the perfect compliment to it all. Waitress and hostess were both very friendly and efficient despite having so many people around. So glad we decided to check this place out - definitely worth the wait!

• Visited May 2013