“Portland Delish”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
British Columbia, Canada
“Portland Delish”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This funky restaurant in a Portland suburb reminds me of the series "Portlandia". Delicious locally-sourced foods, southern twist, carefully and freshly prepared, served by funky folks. Wine choices excellent and well priced. This chef is a thinking guy who puts great care into his stuff. Busy and bustling and service excellent.

• Visited June 2013

New Jersey
“great breakfast”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Famous for the great breakfast but expect a LONG wait. free coffee while you stand around outside with the other 50 people waiting to get in. When you get in, food is very good, atmosphere is loud, hard to have a conversation, staff is harried.

Visited June 2013
Dallas
“Excellent Food, Worth the Wait”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We decided to try Screen Door around 8:15 PM on a Saturday night for a more fun anniversary dinner. The wait was about 50 minutes, which was no problem at all since we were expecting a wait ad it was a nice night out. Once seated, we decided to try an app and two entrees. For our app, we chose the pimento cheese which was served with these thin, crispy, sesame-covered "crackers" (for lack of a better term). Delicious. My husband ordered the plate where he got to pick three sides and he enjoyed that. I had to try the southern fried chicken that I had heard so much about. We are both from the south, born and raised in Texas and have never lived elsewhere, and I can confidently say this was the BEST southern fried chicken I have ever had, hands down. Perfectly peppery, moist, cooked perfectly, and served with a delicious gravy, this was it. Wow. Even the collard greens (which I usually hate) were fantastic, and the mashed potatoes were the perfect compliment to it all. Waitress and hostess were both very friendly and efficient despite having so many people around. So glad we decided to check this place out - definitely worth the wait!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Amy W
Houston, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friend and i checked this place out on a Sunday night and it was hoppin' - granted it was Mother's Day so i'm not sure if the crowd was larger than normal, but i get the feeling this place is always busy. We sat on the patio, which really isn't anything special, i think the inside would have had a better ambiance, but nonetheless it was fine. I had a mixed drink and for dinner the Screen Door Plate in which you choose from their house sides. I think that was the way to go so you get a good sampling of what they have to offer. I had the grits, jambalaya and a local organic strawberry salad; it's also served with cornbread. The grits were really good, and I live in Texas! I really enjoyed everything even if i thought the jambalaya was heavy on the rice and the cornbread just a touch dry. But eaten together, it really was a great combination. I'd say give this place a go for an authentic take on the Portland foodie scene.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lulu4014
Bedford, Texas, United States
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great food, very busy. Every time I'm in Portland I come here. Biscuits and gravy, brisket hash and especially the praline bacon!

Visited May 2013