“Loved the tomato soup!”

Ranked #289 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Drop by Flying Elephants at Fox Tower for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Enjoy our outdoor seating overlooking Director Park. Browse our great selection of sassy gift cards, candy, wine & chocolates from around the globe.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Part of the Epicurean walking tour and was very impressed with local and fresh ingredients used for their soups, sandwiches and frittatas. We returned twice and loved everything we tried but the tomato orange soup is the best

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Once we discovered Flying Elephants we found lots of excuses to go there. We stayed at the Paramount which is just steps away. Director's Square is right there. Lots of things, like public transportation are right there, but the main thing that's right there is AMAZING food. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, whatever, you can find something wonderful to eat all the time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Elephants has been a fave of mine since childhood - love the downtown option as a break from shopping, activities, etc. Perfect to grab a sack lunch and let the kids run around in the fountain at Director's Park, across the street. And they make a good latte too!

1  Thank travllovr521
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was on my own, and feeling a little cold, tired and run down. This place was perfect to get some absolutely delicious soup. Was delighted to see that they also have a place at the airport. Picked up some cookies to take home!

1  Thank Kelsey1976
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I walked in and felt like I had transported to Paris. Adorable place with large selection including yogurt parfaits, fruit cups, pastries, soups, sandwhiches and even alcohlic beverages. We had a plain butter criossant which was the real deal, not just bread shaped like a criossant. And my husband had the croque madame which made my mouth water and I wasn't even hungry. I don't remember the prices, but it was good food, fast. And there are about 8 tables inside if you want to eat in. Highly recommended as a convenient place downtown.