“Sweet!”

Ranked #19 of 71 Bakeries in Portland
Neighborhood: Pearl
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed August 7, 2014

So, while I whined about wanting to try the famous Voodoo donuts, the beau was not into it. We had a number of mixed reviews from locals and visitors that he just didn't want to bother. Instead, we came across Cupcake Jones while in the Pearl District and stopped in since we were both jonesin' for something sweet.

Oh boy, what a selection. We picked up a half dozen cupcakes that included The Pearl, carrot cake, choco peanutbutter, PB&J, and a vegan red velvet. We nibbled on them over three days, bringing two back w/ us to DC and scarfing two on the plane ride home.

Baked and Wired in DC is still my fave but Cupcake Jones definitely takes the #2 spot in my belly. My beau said they were the best he's tried. I think what made them so delicious was not only how moist they were and how perfect each flavor was but the filling in each one. It was a treat within a treat.

He was sad we didn't opt for the dozen because he was still jonsen' for one two days after returning home. I'm not above another trip to Portland for cupcakes.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you are in the area, stop by and pick up some cupcakes. These cupcakes are nicely decorated and yummy. They also have mini cupckes. Which is great if it is your first time here and just don't know which cupcake to get. So if you want to try all the flavors, get the mini cupcakes. I will come back if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were told to stop in and try the cupcakes. They did not disappoint! We tried about 6 different mini cupcakes and each one was awesome. Definitely going back when in town.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I think they are closed now so that the owner could open a new type of place, but they really had cute tasty cupcakes!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great service, friendly and fast. I always visit when I am in town from Boise. I appreciate the local feel and atmosphere.