“Good but not great”

Neighborhood: Pearl
Auburn, Washington
“Good but not great”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had to try it since it was my somes birthday and i figiured that was a great little treat.Great customer service,friendly and helpfull with qusetions.The cupcakes were good but there was just to much cake with big ones,slightly dry.The mini ones were perfect.

• Visited April 2013

Cody, Wyoming
“delicious”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

my friend told me about this place, and during my last trip to portland I knew i had to make a stop! I got a 6 pack of mini cupcakes that were so cute to look at. I got an assortment of flavors, some chocolate, one lavender, red velvet. all delicious! definitely going back!

• Visited May 2012
Los Barriles, Baja California Sur, Mexico
“Just a cupcake”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After alot of reserching the compatition I decided to come here. Sadly the price was a big shock for me and out of the Red Velvet and the Pearl Cupcakes I got I can not rember anything too exciting. I would give this place another try but I will not be getting the larger cupcakes.

• Visited July 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice Afternoon Treat”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I ran into this store as I was wondering around The Pearl. I actually walked by it a couple of times before it influenced me to stop and check out the display. The selection was nice when you consider it is all about the cupcakes. There were probably 12 choices on a Saturday afternoon.

The staff was busily at work, but made sure I felt welcome. They spent time explaining the cupcakes and providing recommendations.

The red velvet was a must as it is my favorite. The cupcake was good overall. The cake was not too sweet (red velvet shouldn't be) and the cream cheese frosting complemented it well. The larger cupcakes all have filling and this one had a vanilla bean center. It did not add to the cupcake, but didn't detract either.

I took a second for a later treat. It was a chocolate chip cookie cupcake. I felt more of a mixed reaction. The staff did point out it was more unique/different. This was true. But the flavor was a bit more muddled due to the sweetness level being quite high. The center was chocolate chip cookie dough-ish and amped up the sweetness level. They had steered me clear of the peanut butter cup flavor because it was a bit "rich". Cannot imagine it being much sweeter than this one.

Overall, an enjoyable experience and nice find for just wandering around Portland. Staff was great.

• Visited February 2013
“Boutique cupcake a win”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I don't have much to compare with high end cupcakes. I know cupcakes are the craze these days. (I had two cupcakes, not in one sitting). The chocolate chip and peanut butter cupcakes were well balanced with sweetness and frosting. You can appreciate the flavor without the over powering sugar taste. I particularly like them because they are "filled."
We went here after eating pizza in old town, pretty good combination.