“Amazing pizza!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ken's Artisan Pizza
Ranked #104 of 4,236 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were a party of 5 adults and 1 child. The pizza was fantastic! We ordered the New Yorker, Margherita with arugula and the Sausage and onion pizzas. Also, 2 appetizers including the calamari and the trio of roasted veggies! It was plenty of food for us! We took 3 slices of leftovers home! My favorite was the Margherita with arugula! This was my second visit to Ken's and is something I look forward to while visiting Portland!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Georgetown, Texas
“Outstanding pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I think the pizza here was about the best we have ever had and we have tried a lot of pizza. I think it has ruined us for other restaurants and unfortunately (maybe fortunately) we live nowhere close to this pizza place. We arrived about 5:30 and got one of the last tables. By the time we left there was quite a line for a table. I wish they would open another Ken's in Austin!!

Visited August 2013
“O.M.G.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Fantastic pizza! Just had the Margherita (it's the easiest way for me to compare among pizzerias) and it was fantastic. Very tasty thin crust, well done, but not too chewy. Also had the blackberry crumble desert, which was amazing. The blackberry taste was tart and fresh, and the lemon verbena whipped cream (who thinks of these combinations?!) was amazing!

Visited July 2013
Richland, Washington
“One of the best pizza's I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

So sometimes when you try something - you get it.... I had never had thin crust pizza with special meats cheeses and bread that I cared about before. I came to this place with my reservations, but this place was the ish. I thought it was great. I get it now, Must eat there, must eat hot, must eat!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Add me to the list.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me just add myself to the list of reviewers raving about this place. Yes, it is as good as everyone says.
We had a 1-hour wait for a table on a Saturday night but instead of just hanging around, we walked up the block and strolled through Laurelhurst Park. When we got back, our table was ready and we had worked up an appetite. We were seated outside on a warm, well, Portland-warm evening, next to the interior that opened fully to the outside, allowing a little heat to escape, keeping us both comfortable.
My fellow diners ordered the calamari to start with and said it was the best they'd eaten. Tenderly cooked and covered with a tomato-based sauce flavored with something that tasted slightly floral, a hint of lavendar maybe?
I started with the generous Caesar Salad with a nice, light lemony dressing, but sadly no sign of anchovy that I love.
I had the Margharita Pizza because I think its simple flavors really compliment a fantastic crust. Perfectly proportioned, sauce to cheese, and whole leaves of fresh basil. It did not dissapoint and will go down as one of my favorite pizzas outside of Napoli.

Service was excellent and we saw a few different servers attending our needs for the evening leading me to think they care more about their customers than who gets what tip. I like that.

• Visited July 2013