“Add me to the list.”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me just add myself to the list of reviewers raving about this place. Yes, it is as good as everyone says.
We had a 1-hour wait for a table on a Saturday night but instead of just hanging around, we walked up the block and strolled through Laurelhurst Park. When we got back, our table was ready and we had worked up an appetite. We were seated outside on a warm, well, Portland-warm evening, next to the interior that opened fully to the outside, allowing a little heat to escape, keeping us both comfortable.
My fellow diners ordered the calamari to start with and said it was the best they'd eaten. Tenderly cooked and covered with a tomato-based sauce flavored with something that tasted slightly floral, a hint of lavendar maybe?
I started with the generous Caesar Salad with a nice, light lemony dressing, but sadly no sign of anchovy that I love.
I had the Margharita Pizza because I think its simple flavors really compliment a fantastic crust. Perfectly proportioned, sauce to cheese, and whole leaves of fresh basil. It did not dissapoint and will go down as one of my favorite pizzas outside of Napoli.

Service was excellent and we saw a few different servers attending our needs for the evening leading me to think they care more about their customers than who gets what tip. I like that.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love great pizza but I am just ho-hum about 90% of the pizza I've tried. This place did not disappoint. Outside tables on a beautiful night, shared with my friend both the fennel pizza and the bacon pizza. The crust was perfectly wood fire grilled and the toppings were unusual and tasty. The price was reasonable and the size of the pizza was quite large. There was a line and the place was pretty small but we got in fairly quickly. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a super place all around -- great food, casual atmosphere, good service, good value. The green salad starter was delicious, generously portioned and worthy of a fine restraurant -- with a tarragon dressing, nasturtium flowers and lightly pickled cherries. Grilled vegetables were also a great starter. The pizzas have a lovely light, thin crust. We have tried 3 kinds and they were all delicious. They seem to change the toppings pretty frequently since we came back two times in 4 days and the menu was already different. We also shared a fabulous chocolate dessert -- one of the most delicious I've ever had. Sharing pizzas and starters seems to be expected which made it all very good value.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nice place, we got there for dinner and there was a good line when the opened at 5. Staff was excellent and so was the food. Place did get very loud which was the only downside. Value was excellent. We shared a Caesar salad and fennel and onion pizza. Less than $30!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Friday night around 9pm we tried to eat at Apizza Scholls but they “ran out of food”. I asked where else we could get a good pizza and they recommend Ken’s (those that know, know).

Ken’s is not a place a tourist would just come by, it needs to be sought out and it is well worth the effort. Given it was pretty late, we were seated right away and had very prompt service. We shared a garden salad and the Fennel Sausage & Onion pizza. There was an option to add fresh red chiles to the pizza which the waiter suggested we try if we liked spicy food. We did, and wow was it good. Everything was delicious and of the highest quality. Truly pizza perfection.