“A little breakfast gem”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We drove past this place while on our way to another popular breakfast spot in NW Portland. When that other spot turned out to be packed with a big waiting line, we decided to give Industrial Cafe a try and are glad we did. The breakfast menu was quite varied, with various scrambles being the star attractions. I just went for the basics: eggs, bacon and potatoes, which was prepared perfectly. The rosemary home style potatoes were particularly good, cooked to the perfect "doneness". The decor and atmosphere were, well, industrial (duh!) and the service was good. We'll be back!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Tasty but annoying. I ordered the hash that comes with two eggs and toast. When asked how I like my eggs I asked to have egg whites only. I said just fry the egg whites. This seemed to be a foreign language to the lady who assured me they only scrambled egg whites....not fry them like a fried egg. In the end she said she would ask the chef if he could do that and my meal came out as I asked but when I got the bill there was a $1.50 charge for "egg whites only". Seriously...who charges more for less food? At the very least I would expect that she would have told me up front that I would be charged for my special request...but no. When I asked her if the charge was a mistake she said: "no, there is a charge for egg whites". I said ok and paid it, but that was a huge turn off for me. I've ordered egg whites only for years and never been charged extra. Otherwise place was good...crowded and very noisy but tasty. They allow people to wait for a table right inside the door so I ate with people's butts right behind my head. Prob wouldnt go on a Sunday again.

2  Thank Melissa97216
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Went there for lunch. It's very clean, chic, and interestingly decorated with pipes, valves, gauges, etc. The wedge salad is how a salad should be, and for a reasonable price. The lemon cheesecake with lemon curd and whipped cream was to die for!

1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights in Portland's northwest district. We walked the area close to our motel looking for a restaurant to have dinner. We settled on the Industrial Cafe. The cafe is decorated in a quirky industrial style. Faux pipes and gauges are used to evoke the area's industrial past.

I had a delicious meatloaf sandwich perfectly cooked with wonderful Tillamook white cheese. The only drawback was that while quite tasty, the meatloaf was very similar in taste to that of an ordinary hamburger.

My wife had a Reuben sandwich and a side salad. I took a generous bite of her sandwich and was amazed at its vibrant fllavors. The side salad was also more than a simple salad It contained carrots, croutons, red onions, and fresh spinach.

All in all we were impressed with the decor, good service, friendly atmosphere and of course, the fine food.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

With reviews to this restuarant from other sites, I wanted to try this place. Luckily, it was close to our hotel, so this was our first dining spot. The name and decor is appropriate for the area, but DON'T let this deter you. I tried the meatloaf sandwich and the hubby tried the mac and cheese. Both were excellent ... tasting like something your mother would make, and better.
Maybe a little pricey as suggested previously, but for the first food we ate in Portland, it set our standards high... you won't be disappointed.