“Great tapas. Not the best I've had in the world but top notch and definately worth it. Very creative and fast service.”
Review of Toro Bravo

Toro Bravo
Ranked #23 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great everytime. Salt cod fritters are a must have”
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Great everytime. Salt cod fritters are a must have

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“one of the best in the city. this is in my top 3! A tie with LePigoen and ROUX!”
Reviewed January 1, 2008

one of the best in the city. this is in my top 3! A tie with LePigoen and ROUX!

“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Toro Bravo is the local critics darling with good cause. They don't take reservations for parties under 7 people. We arrived about 5:15 but it opened at 5pm. All the tables were filled and they didn't expect to have one open for an hour. They have a standing space where you can eat snacks and order drinks but we opted to put our name in and wait at the bar of Russell St BBQ down the street. A couple of drinks later we checked back and a table was opening soon! They took our cell number and gave us a call just as we were closing our tab at the BBQ's bar. I would recommend checking back in person should you be in this situation as there are people waiting to have tables and if your call is missed you will be out of luck.

When we arrived, we were seated at a cozy table. We focused on the drink menu first and our order was taken promptly. We took a moment to look over the space, the walls looked burnt orange to me but we were told they are sangria red. The place is loud. It wouldn't be enjoyable for anyone with limited hearing but didn't bother me. Once the drinks arrived, we ordered a number of tapas which arrived in a moderate succession. I would recommend a few Pinchos (small starters) and 2-3 tapas per person at the table.

The quality of the food ranged from fantastic to darn good. The oxtail croquettes were lovely. We devoured everything and ordered dessert too. When the bill arrived we were pleasantly surprised that the bill seemed quite reasonable. We couldn't get anything this good in Southern California without paying much much more.

I recommend this location for its wonderful food and good service.

2 Thank EatSantaBarbarian