“Great First Time!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went with the Chef's choice menu.....AMAZING! Cannot wait to go again! Vegitarian dishes were flavorful. Meat dishes were moist and perfectly seasoned. Great meal!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Only way to go -- the fun of not knowing what's next and when it will end just adds to the fantastic flavors that land at your table. Great deal for the money, as well!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is really good! I am new to the pescatarian world, but this has to be one of my favorite place to eat when I am in Portland. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I love their squid ink pasta dish, definitely a must try for first timers.

1  Thank Nvisante
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dios mio! This place is a power house of cuisine and libations. I frequent the sister spot Tasty and Sons and I must say, I would eat only at these two spots if my wallet allowed. My waiters are always friendly and smart. I trust them and basically let them do all of my ordering. Go here, have fun, feel the joy deep in your belly!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have a love/hate relationship with Toro Bravo. I love to eat here. But I hate the thought of going here. I hate waiting in line at popular restaurants.

My philosophy is that there is enough good food in Portland that it's not worth my time to stand in a line at a hot spot just to be seen at the "right places".

Toro Bravo is a place where people happily queue for their chance to be seen and (eventually) have good food. Is the food worth a long wait? Not to me, but darn, it is good food once you're in the door and seated, which may take an hour or more at prime time. Tapas style, expensive and small portions of expertly-prepared food. Expect to spend quite a bit to leave full and satisfied. Go with people you enjoy spending lots of time with -- plan on at least a couple of hours -- because with the wait and leisurely service, it will be all of that and then some.

Know that the interior is quite noisy, not a lot of sound-absorbing surfaces, so it causes folks to have to shout a bit to hear each other, which only raises the sound level even more. I'll go back, but only if I go early or off-peak.

2  Thank Josh P