“Convenient downtown location”
Review of Clyde Common

Clyde Common
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde Common is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #222 of 4,475 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to Clyde Common when it was too crowded at Kenny and Zuke's next door on a Sunday morning. It has a hipster vibe and the staff has attitude. However, they have a large selection of whiskey's and and interesting drink and food menu. The food is good and worth the visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Started with whisky sours, had a great salad of greens with a delicious vinaigrette, and the cavatelli with beef and pickled peppers. All great! Loved the ambiance!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We drove 27 hours from Kansas to experience the best food and drink Portland has to offer. Clyde was on our list of places to go. All we wanted was to order a nice bottle of wine and some appetizers and they refused to seat us because we weren't ordering dinner. We probably would have spent more money than most patrons. We were embarrassed waiting around for a bar seat so we left and will not try to go back. The hostess was very rude and judge mental, poor service on her part!

4  Thank Estelle108
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Just don't miss their burger and order it with bacon... It is absolutely delicious. Great happy hour, a place with a very "portlandia"-type of hipster vibe, great cocktails, incredible list of whiskies. If you plan to go there for dinner just be aware that the concept here is to have dinner in long tables where you might not know who your neighbour is.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Worth going to happy hour for cheap cocktails and the burger, but expect rubbish service.

I was staying at the Ace so popped in here twice during my stay. The first time I stood around for ages waiting for someone to seat me, finally just seated myself, had the waitress come and serve the people sitting next to me twice without offering me a menu until I accosted her, then had someone else come to take my order - only to tell me that they'd run out of the item that I wanted and did a very unconvincing job of recommending anything else. They did not seem particularly busy, but I felt like I was bothering them and particularly as a solo diner, being ignored is quite uncomfortable.

The second time I went during happy hour. The barmen are a bit too busy being cool to do really good service that makes you feel good about being there, but the happy hour cocktails ($5) are delicious and good value, and the burger is very tasty (get it with the cheese) with delicious pickled onions to go in it. In fact, I had gone back for happy hour just for the burger, which is what I'd had for lunch the first time.

I also love their granola that they supply to the Ace Hotel for their breakfasts.

Eat there if you like, but be ready to be assertive about getting service as they are too busy being hip to bother serving.