“Not quite the melting pot”
Review of Urban Fondue

Urban Fondue
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Fondue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #506 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: 21st
Description: Urban Fondue offers a unique perspective to fondue dining. From the indulgent cuisine, and boldly delicious and extensive martini selections, to the chic and smoldering decor and expert and personable service, Urban Fondue is a feast for the senses. Enjoy house made cheese fondue, succulent meat entrees cooked "fondue" style and delectable dessert fondues accompanied with side dishes such as polenta and grilled artichokes.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place NW Portland has the potential. However the service was rude at best. We arrived 15 minutes early and we were no seated even though there plenty of seats. When we went back the food was disappointing at best. We are used to the melting pot and or authentic Swiss fondue. The only bright spot to this place is that they added caramelized onion to the cheese. We will avoid this place from now on.

1  Thank WestsideChuck

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Not a bad place. Little small inside, but lighting in good. Menu can be confusing so let the waiter know, he explains everything. The staff is really friendly and come by to check on you every so often. Their martini's are outstanding. Fun place to go and have a few drinks and talk with friends.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our 2nd time at Urban Fondue and both times have been great. The decor is unusual, artsy, modern, a bit dark, but very comfortable. This is not your standard swiss and guyere fondue. We had the 3 types of fondue dinner (~$30/each) the last time and it was very nice though it was too much. This time for five people, including 3 teenage boys, we had 3 cheese fondues with 4 dippable sides. The asparagus, cheese and mushrooms were delicious. The smoked cheddar was probably my favorite of the cheeses, though the gorganzola was also wonderful. We had 2 deserts, the chocolate and the bananas foster fondues. Incredible. I might ask for all fruit for dipping at desert next time and skip the donuts. The service was exceptional. We had 4 delightful cocktails, three of which were non alcoholic and a beer. The bill was only $100. I was stunned that so many people could eat and drink so well for such a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went with a friend and a couple cousins, four total. Saturday night 7 p.m. reservations. Were seated almost immediately.

The cousins ordered a dish for two to share, my friend ordered chicken, and I ordered lobster/shrimp.

The two broths we chose were the firepot and the chicken, the lighter ones.

White wine.

Everything was good but in some cases the 3 minute timer wasn't enough, some times too much. I am a decent cook and I accidentally undercooked a piece of my lobster - but I ate it anyways and I was fine the next day.

Everyone had a great time, good ambience, good service. I would definitely recommend it for fondue lovers.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the coolest place ever....and I love a good martini. We had happy hour in the 1st part of the establishment called Bartini. The menu is very, very nice, the price were great, and the services...well, just fabulous. The portion size were larger than we realized so we ordered too much food, but we manage to taste everything...and it was all great.

Bartini is small, snug, but the ambiance is black and royal blue, so it just fine. Will be going back, and will be doing to the 2nd part of the establishment, the fondue part.

Been to Urban Fondue? Share your experiences!