“Good food and large portions”

Bj's Pizza Grill & Brewery
Ranked #235 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Bend, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and large portions”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It took me 5 restaurants before I found one to serve us late in the evening as we arrived late in Portland and my son needed to eat before surgery in the morning. The food and portions were outstanding and they had lots to offer a vegetarian like me. We will eat there again!

Visited June 2013

Vancouver
“good value and good food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A large group went here for dinner -about fifty of us. We had a short wait and were all seated in the same area. Servers are prompt and the wait for our meals , drinks etc was not to long. The menu is large and offers GF alternatives. Overall it was worth going here.

Visited May 2013
Delta, Canada
“The softball team loved it!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I came for the craft beer samplers and was glad I did, which come in 5 oz glasses in a 4 or 8 glass config. Interesting beers although I wasn't in the mood for a hoppy style which they had in 5 styles. I enjoyed the Wiezen and American Ale styles which I had with the 11" thin crust 5 meat pizza. The pizza was average with a so so crust a small spattering of sauce and cheese and overly salty meats. The calamari starter was very good with spicy tomatoe sauce and that ilk dips. The soft all team enjoyed their food and the pizolli desert was a hit. Picture 15 girls devouring a pizza pan with 4 different cookie doughs baked on it then topped with 8 scoops of ice cream..... Nuff said!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank vqamarty
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Decent for a chain. Average for Portland.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was rather busy on a Sunday evening when we wanted to get something not too far from the hotel. Seating was quick in the bar area, even though the wait for the rest of the place was 20-30 minutes. It seemed to be a popular spot for families.

The menu is big, and has plenty of choices. The food was generally very good, but sticking to the specialties seemed wise. I has some tasty grilled mahi mahi tacos. There are the typical chain burgers / steaks / pastas, but many halthier options are available.

The two different house-made beers I tried were OK, but nothing above ordinary for this area.

BJ's makes a decent go-to if you have limited choices. It would be better than average in some small midwestern towns; the type of establishment that I would choose over an Applebee's.

• Visited April 2013
comox valley, bc
“Entertaining people watching place”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

we were staying at the Oxford and didn't feel like going downtown for a meal so we walked over here. The place was quite full but we got a nice booth. Our waitress was professional and very friendly. The pizza and pastas are huge portions, the drinks are fine, all around good experience. We never go to chain restaurants so we were pleasantly surprised. This restaurant is well managed, busy, and was full of children. The staff seems to handle the 'family scene' chaos very, very well.

• Visited January 2013