“NOT FOR FAMILIES - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Jantzen Beach RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jantzen Beach RV Park
Seattle, Washington
“NOT FOR FAMILIES - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I researched this resort and their Website was nice but deceiving. The first day we arrived we paid for two nights. The first day they closed the pool early, from lack of swimmers. The bathrooms have codes for entrance yet they are not well equipped. We have two young kids, yet they put us directly on the main strip. The park is a part of a mobile home park so there was constantly traffic in and out from the residents, so I couldn’t let my kids run and play. It is also in a populated area so it is not secure, we did not feel safe in the location. Noise was an issue and planes are taking off nearby. Finally, on the second day we went on an outing, when we returned, I told my kids I would take them to swim about 2:30 p.m. The pool was closed again and the game room they advertised is for ages 18 and up. Nothing to do at this location, so we asked for a refund for the second night and we were told NO REFUNDS! We left anyway. I would never stay at the Jantzen RV Park again. BEWARE!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Ginikki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I must say the majority of the staff are friendly and very accommodating. The weekend management in the office was also nice. The place is kept very clean. The location is great, could not ask for a more convenient location. Close to the river, has a nearby riverwalk and parks. They are very strict with the rules, but I guess that keeps it nice. Laundry rooms and pools are nice, restrooms clean. If you can avoid the gal who runs the office during the week, you'll be fine. There is some noise, which we actually did not find disrupting...train horns and noise, airport has runway under construction this summer....so air traffic is diverted over head. Also occassional blasting from cannons they are using to keep birds off the bridge. There are a TON of hiking and outdoor activities within 0-60 minutes of this location!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hikergal40
MT
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed for four nights, after reading some reviews we werre somewhat skeptical, but found the park nice with level sites, great amenities, and the personnel were not anywhere near as bad as some folks made them out to be. Some noise, but for the most part the noises were not anything that prevented sleeping and the tugboat sounds at night were very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mugsymutt
Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2009

While visiting family in Portland, we have stayed at Jantzen RV off and on for the last 2 months (approx. 20+ days). As mentioned by others, the park is noisy but clean and great amenities. However Internet access is very intermittent. Staff is barely civil but might be trying harder recently due to bad reviews. The worst thing that happened was one of our expensive mountain bikes was stolen directly outside of our trailer. It was securely locked up but the thief used a heavy duty cutter. We speculate that someone had been scoping it out and came prepared to steal it. The park should install security cameras.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ColoradoHikinggirl
Pacific NW
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband and I wanted to stay in an RV park in Portland because we had to see our daughter off at the airport, so we looked online for RV parks. There was just not that many options we came up with except for Colombia and Jenzten. We had read the reviews for Jentzen and were a little skeptical of the RV park, as the reviews were not raving. Colombia looked way too close to the airport and way too much like a total parking lot, so that was not my first choice.

When I called Jentzen, Marilyn answered and I told her I was wondering if there were any sites available for "this upcoming weekend. " She replied, "What do you mean by this weekend." I said, "Saturday and Sunday." I understand what she meant, but it could have been said a little nicer, like...."which days are you looking for..." But, oh well. I had read that her PR skills were not perfect. So I just chuckled to myself. She originally told me that they were full for the 2 nights we wanted to stay, so I asked her to call me on our cell if she had any cancellations. As we traveled, we got a call saying we could come to Jenzten. To Marilyn's defense, she did give us great directions over the phone on how to find the park and it was very easy. And she was very pleasant for check in and for other odd questions/directions during our stay!

I didn't know how I'd like a park that had long term residents with RV, but surprising it was not an issue to me, as that side of the park was also kept very clean. The site we got was one that backed up to the road but our site did have shrubbery between, so it had a little privacy from the street.

We typically don't stay at RV parks, but State Parks, so it did seem a little "parking lot-like." But after we left, we started to notice other RV parks along our travels, and found Jentzen VERY nice compared to those.

NOISE:
The airplane noise was noticeable, but nothing to stop conversations over. In fact, we kind of enjoyed looking up and watching them. Also, it was not non-stop, but they went in waves of 3 or 4 at a time then would be done for half hour or so, or maybe even longer. There was however, a car audio tent sale in the shopping parking lot, which was a bit noticeable, but again, not conversation stopping. We did however find the RV Park itself very quiet. In fact, after our stay, we went to a State Park on the coast and noticed how loud the other campers were there, compared to Jentzen. So that is a bonus for Jentzen campers who like quiet neighbors.

We did test out the pools and found them pleasant. We did not go in the middle of the day, as we noticed more families there, but we went in the pool around 7pm. At that time it was more quiet with a few older women doing their water exercises. We could see how our children would love to come and stay with us and use the pool in the future.

WiFi was fine, but not terribly strong as sometimes we got a signal and other times we didn't.

Over all, I think Jentzen was just fine. The park was extremely clean. The spaces were very nice, not very private, but clean and decent. We rode our bikes around the park and easily over to the shops. We were able to get to Portland attractions with ease from the parks location. And the price was very reasonable compared to how much we would have spent on a hotel room instead. We defiantly will return in the future when we are wanting to get our Portland fix.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank HairGalNW
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed June 4, 2009

This is a very lovely park.......only problem may be the noise from air traffic going into PDX.

Our most major problem was with the staff in the office. Very rude people. Not at all welcoming. Absolutely no training in customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WALonzo

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

washington
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I called and Marilyn answered, to whom I inquired about a monthly rate and reservation. She said I needed to call during the week and speak with someone else. I called during the week and Marilyn answered, I then asked to be provided with the person in charge of reservations and she said that would be her!? I asked her about a monthly reservation and she said that it would depend on availability and I replied "that's what I'm asking". As she repeated my request aloud, someone in the background replied "probably not since we might be full at the end of the month"(2 weeks away). Unreal! I'm not sure if an extra GW would've cleared up the "probably" but it was such a bizarre exchange that the writing on the wall was braille. good luck.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Courtyard Portland North Harbour

Been to Jantzen Beach RV Park? Share your experiences!