“Love the CRAVE combo”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 4,293 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 6th Avenue & Main Street
Transit: Conveniently located just three short blocks south of the Pioneer Courthouse Square MAX station.
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon and elegantly appointed and furnished, The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. Celebrating something special? Our Hospitality Specialists are able to assist with all of your entertaining needs. We offer everything from personalized hand-written cards and balloon bouquets to long-stem roses and champagne waiting on your table when you arrive. Reservations are highly recommended, so start your Perfect Night Out. We will help you create a dining experience you won't soon forget.
Oregon
“Love the CRAVE combo”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you love the fondue experience but like me don't care for the entrée where everything tastes the SAME after the first few bites, the go for the CRAVE combo. Its your choice of salad, cheese, and the chocolate all for $25 per person! The server even told us of half price Happy Hour (except chocolate) in the bar from 4:30-6PM Weekdays. We have been visiting here for awhile and no one ever told us about these two things. I will go back more often now that I do know. It is really dark inside so any pics you take will look very shadowy and unnatural, just an FYI

Visited April 2014
2 Thank TravelingTrioOregon

Vancouver, Washington
“The sweetest pain”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

There is simply nothing to dislike here. Finding the restaurant (hidden by gazebo and only accessible through an underground hallway), almost felt like a small journey in and of itself. Done any differently it would annoy. Somehow they manage to get it right...and make it fun. It's inexplicable how this is so. Upon entering the restaurant, we appreciated the lighting, not too bright, not too dim. Just the right level to set a mood and relax its unsuspecting victims, umm customers into a numb. By the time food arrives, it's a welcome sight. We went full 4 course. It hurt. Real bad. The taste was well worth punishing myself. It's the only restaurant in Portland where overeating becomes mandatory. Everything was the perfect flavor, aftertaste and texture. From the meats and cheeses, to the salads and breads. I saw a few groups turn down dessert. I questioned their sanity. Live and let live I guess. It was hard to care at that point. My endorphins were on overload. Yes, it's pricy. I'm wondering if that's even an issue based on the experience. I think not.

• Visited October 2013
Redmond, Oregon
“Always good for a price”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We love the Melting Pot -one of our favorite places. Haven't been in a while and were surprised to see the prices have gone up and the portions have gone down. Still love the food and the experience. We always do cheese and chocolate, since the full meal is a little much for us. This wasn't the friendliest location we've been too but not too bad. Count on about $50 minimum for two people.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“fondue”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was amazing! It was a bit expensive but the staff was great! The restaurant was a bit hard to find but once we found it was a great experience.

Visited March 2014
Newberg, Oregon
“Dessert is a great option”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now and each time it was only for dessert. I'm not interested in spending so much on their entrees so dessert is the way to go. It's only $10 a person and they give you extra dippers once you run out of the first set. There's also a nice variety. There's strawberries, bananas, brownie bites, a slice of cheesecake, marshmallows, and rice crispy treats. Service has been great; they were accommodating especially since both times we were just walk-ins about an hour before close. I would come back next time my sweet tooth kicks in.

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!