See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2006

My husband and I spent one night in this hotel on June 20th. The pros were that it was relatively inexpensive and extremely close to the airport (we had a 6:30 am flight). Check in went okay. It was a bit difficult to get our luggage up all the stairs and parking was tight. Our room was worn, but thankfully clean. The problems we had occured the next morning. We had to take our rental car back to the airport and needed an early start. We got in line behind a family of 5 witing to check out. It was around 5 AM. The lady at the front desk was putting on her coat. She began to go out the front door and completely ignored me. I stopped her and asked her what we needed to do to check out as it was getting late. She was extremely rude - I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel. She told me that I would just have to wait where I was - she had "errands" to run. I told her I had to catch a flight and that we chose the hotel becuase it was close to the airport for easy check-out. She was visibly angry with me causing her delay. SHe said she had to run the family to the airport and would be back in "20 minutes or so." This was unacceptable to me. I told her so and she huffed and puffed and very grudgingly checked me out (took all of 5 minutes!). There was no one else around working. She complained to me the entire time she was charging my credit card about how she had errands to run. I would never stay here again because of this and am filing a formal complaint with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Chauc
Reviewed February 24, 2006

We stayed 5 days, great staff, clean rooms, we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank FrequentFlier19995
Reviewed February 6, 2006

i stayed here last year with my toddler son and we had a great time! the suite was perfect for my family visit. i was able to put my son to sleep in the bedroom, close the door, and visit with my family in our sitting area. the wall that separates the bedroom from the sitting area didn't go all the way up to the ceiling, so i was able to listen and peek over the top to check on my sleeping son. the hotel isn't super far from downtown, it's about a ten minute drive. and they have a free shuttle to the airport, plus the bus stop is right across the street. everyone at the hotel was very friendly, and the free breakfast was perfect. fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, coffee, and juice. it's not a super fancy place, but it was very clean and the kitchenette was an added bonus. i didn't want to spend a ton of money, and this place made it possible for me to do so! the only thing that kind of freaked me out was the window in our room was the kind that cranks open from the bottom out, and i felt a little uneasy that my son would fall out of the screenless window. i just moved some of the furniture around in the room and barricaded that area off and it was okay. i would definitely stay here again and i highly recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget!

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank GrandTour10298
Management response:Responded January 11, 2011

Thank you for staying here with us and using our amenities. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the layout of our 2 room suite. All of our rooms come with a separate living room area, a kitchenette and then your separate bedroom. The room you were in and many other rooms have been renovated with new carpet, furniture, painting, and more. We also added security locks to the lower windows you mentioned for further protection. It's only those rooms that are in the center of the building with those types of windows. Thank you for concerns about the windows, your recommendation, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 2, 2005

We booked this motel for one night while we were in town. The motel itself if very worn on the outside. The rooms are also a bit worn but quite clean. I did notice a stale smell in our room which reminded me of a smoky smell but the room was a non-smoking room. The bathrooms are extremely tiny as well. The plus's are that the staff is incredibly friendly and accomadating! We were greeted as soon as we walked in the front door by the front desk man (Rene). He knew my girls names before we left the counter and talked to them every time we walked through the lobby. Whatever we needed we only had to ask once and it was given with a genuine smile. What this motel lacks in style it more than makes up for in staff friendliness! Rene, if you read this, thank you for making our short stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank Power5
Management response:Responded January 11, 2011

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to write this review!
We strive to give all of our guests a comfortable, clean and affordable place to rest. Your compliments regarding the staff were wonderful. I'm also pleased to inform you that we've been renovating our hotel inside and out this past year. We have updated the interior of the rooms with new carpet, furniture, bedding and have painted the exterior of the bulding since your last vist. There is still more to do, but we hope you vist us again to check out the renovations.

Reviewed May 26, 2005

I stayed in this hotel for just over a week while preparing to move to Portland. The rooms are all 600 sq ft. suites, they have a living room, a bedroom and a bathroom, as well as a kitchenette with a full size fridge. The rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The hotel offers wireless internet access (free!), just make sure you request a room in the wireless zone. My first room was not in the wireless zone and they were really great about moving me.

The underground parking is a little tight (might not be great for a really large vehicle) but it is free and I never had a problem getting in and out in my Acura.

They offer a free continental breakfast that includes coffee, tea, juices, dougnuts, pastries, fruit and cereal. It is served from 6-9 am. There are also vending machines available.

Although I did not use it, the hotel also has a seasonal pool. They also have park and fly service and are close to the airport. Despite the proximity, I had very little trouble with noise. I did hear planes now and then but it was not annoying or really an issue at all.

If I wasn't moving to Portland, this would be my hotel of choice if I ever needed one here.

One warning: there is road work being done on the street in front of the hotel until August of 2005. I had some trouble getting into the parking lot as left turns were not allowed, but from what I can tell they road work will have moved further down the street by early June and no longer be right in front of the hotel. Obviously this is not the hotel's fault so I would not count it against them!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
18  Thank Road23601
Management response:Responded January 11, 2011

Thank you for visiting Americas Best Value Inn & Suites.
I'm glad you found our hotel to be a good, clean, and friendly place to stay.
Your ratings have brightened our day!
We've been updating everything within the last year to make our accommodations more inviting and comfortable for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again.