“Pretty good”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the best western. I was satisfied with the room, decent size, small fridge was nice. The hotel is starting to get a little dated. The location isn't great, but the public transit is very good so it's a non issue. The outdoor hot tub is nice and the continental breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2014
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. The yellow line train, which is a few blocks from us, is a big draw to the hotel due to it's convenience and access to downtown. We are glad that was able to help you. We hope to see you soon.

Best Western Inn at the Meadows

Reviewed July 31, 2014

On a family vacation we used this Best Western as sort of a "home base". We stayed here for 4 nights. The room was clean and large. It had a flat screen TV, fridge, and micro. It has a nice large desk with a separate lamp. It had a kitchen counter against one wall that I had not seen in most hotel rooms. I liked it! The extra sink was handy and the counter worked out well as our stay was for several nights.

On our 1st floor room the wifi reception was great. We had issues at other hotels on our stay.

Initially someone had monkeyed with the TV settings in our room. I called and they fixed it immediately.

The continental breakfast was nice. It has eggs, sausage, cheese quesadillas, outmeal, and pancakes every day. It was nice having the larger selection.

My only complaints are minor. The water pressure in the sink was not great. Also the staff seemed a bit...not sure how to put it..."underpowered". At the end of the trip we had a question that required a manager and the two clerks did not seem to have the power or desired to help. Strange. :)

My complaints are minor and not enough to drop from *****. :D

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello John,

Thank you again for staying with us. We always try to keep our amenities up to date to provide good service to our guests. I will also be sure to pass along your compliment regarding breakfast to our morning staff.

Best Western Inn at the Meadows

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I made this reservation for a group trip. I booked 2 rooms for our party. I was very shocked when I reserved a 2 double queen room and had to pay extra for the 4 occupants (2 of them were teens). The rooms were average. The breakfast was very nice but limited fruits. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Jackie P,

Hi thank you for your stay! We appreciate your kind comments towards our staff. We will let them know that you thought they were nice and helpful. We are glad you liked our breakfast, we will pass on your comments regarding fruits to the breakfast staff and see what we can do. We do apologize regarding the extra amount for the extra two people. We do try our best to stay competitive so the rate for one bed or two beds is the same. Therefore there is an extra charge for any room that has more than two people. We do appreciate you staying with us and really hope you give us one more try and hopefully your experience can be different.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here in July 2014, the outdoor spa was wonderful after a busy day out sightseeing and hiking. I would stay here again. The breakfast was good especially the potatoes, but there was a lot to choose from. Located just outside Portland and close to the I-5.

indyblues,

Hello! Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Portland. One of the best things in Oregon I believe is the natural landscapes you can look at. We are really close to many of them so I'm glad that it worked out for you. It is great that you could relax in the spa after a busy day. Our breakfast staff tries their hardest to take care of breakfast, and they were really glad to hear that you liked the potatoes! We really hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great as usual: food, room, cleanliness. Breakfast room is still too small, especially on Saturday and Sunday. I was pleased with the pancake making machine - you can make a bunch of pancakes in a short time. Pleased to see the newly paved and striped parking lot -- much better than before. On-site guest PC monitor and keyboard were missing from the computer box.

SkypeWalker,

Thank you for choosing us again! We are really glad that after all this time you still like the overall condition of the hotel. We do have overflow sitting on another room, so hopefully next time that works out for you. Many of our guest like the pancake machine, I also think its great. I wish I had one at home! We are really glad you have noticed the changes we have made to the hotel, including the newly paved parking lot. We are sure you will find many new things next time you're here. We did run into some problems with the PC, but we hope to have that ready in the next few days. Thank you a lot for being a loyal guest, hope to see you next time.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I always enjoy my Best Western stays. This hotel was one of the cleanest and comfortable of all that I have visited so far. The hotel is modern with very friendly & attentive staff. The location was convenient to freeways and getting around by car, and it is just 5 minutes to the yellow rail that takes you to downtown, Portland as well as other neighborhoods. There are also a few places to eat around the hotel. The front desk staff also suggested some great nearby breweries. Great price as well! I needed to add a day to my stay, and when I called they were still able to keep my great rate.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

MVC415,

We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It makes us really proud to know that it is one of the cleanest hotels you've been in. We are 100% committed to having a really clean hotel so it's nice when guest mention it. Our staff really enjoy helping our guest, it's great that you appreciated their help. We are conveniently located near a few restaurants and also have many great places to go withing a few minutes of us. We really hope to see you again so you can enjoy our services and the beautiful city of Portland.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked this hotel for two nights at the end of our week-long trip to Oregon. The staff was very friendly and so helpful with our questions about where to go to see the sights. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choices, but the dining room does get busy after 8 am. We found the beds very comfortable. The hotel is quite close to the train station and I'd suggest using that to get downtown. I wish we had another day there as we would have liked to see Mt. Saint Helens; someone on the train said it was only about 60 miles away and worth the trip. I guess we will have to come back again. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hello Cavbeagle,

It is great that our staff was able to assist you during your stay. We feel our dedication to customer service is what sets us apart from all other hotels. We are happy to see you got a great night's sleep on our Sealy Posturepedic beds. When we updated the rooms we made sure to get the best beds possibe as we know how important a great night's sleep is.