“Very Pleasant Property and Staff”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #36 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Very Pleasant Property and Staff”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

While my stay was short I was very impressed with this hotel. Decor was very pleasing, facility was clean and the rooms were most comfortable. I was very happy with my stay and will not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello CathyW051850,

We are all so happy that you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for noticing our upgraded decor in the rooms and lobby. I will also let the front desk agents and housekeepers working during your shift know what a great job they are doing. Thank you again for your stay and we hope to see you soon.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Ojai
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very pleased with the room, and especially the staff; they went out of their way to help me in a difficult situation. I was made welcome, the room was very comfortable, and I can't say enough about breakfast in the Kentucky Derby Room next morning. All in all, a very pleasant stay and major thanks to everyone at Best Western Inn At The Meadows!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hi Peggy,

On behalf of the entire staff at the hotel, I would like to say thank you for choosing to stay with us. In our strive toward customer excellence and in becoming one of the friendliest hotels in Portland, our staff members all try to make every customer interaction both personal and helpful. Breakfast has definitely been one of the aspects in which the hotel has sought to improve in the most throughout the years, and we’re glad that you enjoyed the renovations that we have made. Once again, thanks for staying with us and we hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Portland!

Best Wishes,
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here for weeks on end in the past while in Portland for work. This time I was on business, and my wife was with me. We took the red eye flight from Anchorage to Seattle, then drove to Portland. We arrived at 9:30 am and asked for an early check in. Andrew accommodated us and we were sound asleep by 11:00 am for an awesome power nap. Once we were done with our nap, we went to check the location that we needed to be at the next day. As I left the hotel, I asked the front desk if they had a big comfy chair of some sort, and they said they would see what they could do. When we returned there was a nice big comfy chair for me. YAAAAY. The whole staff was great. The coffee and breakfast were great, the room was great-- freshly painted and updated. The toilet was great -- new and TALL probably my favorite part of the room, next to the big flat screen TV. I have always had great service here at this hotel. The value is there. The only way this could be perfect would be if there was an onsite restaurant and bar and an exercise room. I will stay here and I will recommend this hotel to anyone who will listen!!!

Room Tip: from my experience they are all good`
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello Thebigtiny,

It is always pleasure to have you at our hotel. I am glad that we got you situated into the room quickly to let you guys rest up a little. We always enjoy seeing familiar faces and we hope to see you guys sooner than later. Thanks you again for your kind but truthful words. I will also let everyone else know what a great job they do.

See you Soon,
BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during a few days stop over en route to Seattle. The staff was efficient, room was very clean. Bathroom was good sized. Breakfast was actually more than what I expected from a Best Western chain. would book with Best Western again.

Room Tip: i travelled with 3 teen age kids (16,15 and 13) including my husband and myself. i booked a room wi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Rixmac,

Everyone at the Best Western Inn at the Meadows is so happy you stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. All the staff here tries to provide the best customer service we can and we know that guests always are looking out for a great deal. We appreciate your kind words and we hope to see you next time you are in Portland.

Covington, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spend last few weeks on business in Portland and all 4 times stayed here. Excellent room and staff. Housekeeping works around my sleeping during the day since I work at night.
Great fridge and microwave in room. Close to several restaurants. Just off I 5 exit ramp.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello Richard B,

We are all so happy that you stayed with us all 4 time you were in Portland. We always love seeing familiar faces. I will let all the front desk staff and housekeeping to keep up the good work. We always try to provide the best experience for guests and glad that we did.

Thanks!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'd always thought Best Western was a step or two below average but going to this hotel changed my mind - it was a pleasant surprise how nice the room was, and the breakfast offered more than I'd had in a while. The place was just packed! The room also had a better TV than the ones we have at home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello MKing614,

We are so happy that you were unexpectedly surprised by the quality of our hotel. Best Western as a brand has been working real hard in the past years to make people realize that we are a lot nicer and cheaper than most other hotels out there. I will let the breakfast attendants know that you enjoyed the breakfast. I agree with you about the TV being real, real nice and definitely better than the old tube TV I have at my house.

We hope to see you next time you are in Portland.

San Jose, California
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This spring and early summer my wife and I have taken a number of road trips and we've staid at 3 separate Best Westerns. This was the best one so far. The property was in tip top shape. The rooms were very clean and new. Everything in the room was in working order. Finally, the complimentary breakfast was very good and every choice was available unlike our last trip when half the food was gone.

Room Tip: The rooms near the front desk on the west side of the property are the best since they are close to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Steve B,

We are so happy that you enjoyed our hotel. I am glad you noticed our upgraded rooms and our cleanliness. We always try to keep the hotel as clean and updated as much as possible. Thank you for your kind but honest words and we hope to see you soon.