“One day quick trip”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very clean and very friendly and helpful staff. This was our second time staying at this hotel but it is always a first choice when visiting the Portland area. Large rooms with flat screens. Great hot breakfast YUM!!! Will for sure come back for a third stay. They are always updating to make this the very best it can be.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Jennifero690,

We are glad to have you as our Returning Guest! And especially excited we are your First Choice for Portland Hotels! Thank you for Great comments!!! And are glad you enjoy our Hotel. See you soon. ^^

~Team Meadows

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Good points re:this hotel- hot tub was big,clean; the beds were big,soft; breakfast room was roomy - a pretty good spread. Poor points: our room was next to the office-listened to ice machine all night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

I am so sorry about your room location AllysonH998. I know how hard it is when there is so much noise around you. I will see if there is any way to install some noise dampening items so it is not so loud. I hope we can get you into a quieter room next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the low Roomsaver coupon rate and the free parking. Rooms are quite nice and the breakfast is more than adequate. Offers a spa though we never found the time. The hotel is about a half hour train ride from the city centre - the nearest stop is a five-minute walk away from the hotel. All in all we found this hotel to be good value for the money

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks hasherdoug for your kind words. I also think our location is one of our best amenities. We are close but not too close to downtown with easy access to public transportation and the highway. Hopefully next time you are in town you will be able to use the hot tub!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a great trip. Hotel was really clean, services was great. Rooms really clean and housekeeping did a great job of keeping it that way. Certainly recommend. Love the approach of no smoking and no pets. Staff super helpful and very polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Big5_13,

I am glad that everyone at the hotel did a great job for you during your stay. We value all the hard work everyone does here to help the guests have a great stay, from the front desk to the laundry staff. We hope to see you next time you are in our area.

Thanks!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The front desk people were really rude. The "general Manager' Steve [--] was completely rude and arrogant. My brother and him made an agreement to use my credit card b/c my brother's credit card wouldn't go through. Instead of holding the credit card number as a deposit for damages, he tried charging him $500 instead. I had requested for our rooms to be close together as we both have kids, ins
Instead of telling me where the rooms were located, Steve, quickly began to tell me that it was impossible b/c in order to have our rooms close he would have to knock and physically remove the current customers staying...I was confused because I didn't say for us to have our rooms together...I then explained that I never intended for him to do such a thing, he then proceeded to tell me that he ha
He then proceeded to tell me that he had no idea who I was and didn't care. I then asked him what floors are rooms were and how far apart. Turns out our room was only 8 rooms now, not far...not sure why he didn't tell me that in first place...Steve then proceeded to tell me that he wouldn't accept my card b/c of my attitude...I simply asked a simple question...He then blurted..."I'm the General
He then blurted..."I'm the General Manager! what i say goes"...in no way did I even ask to speak to someone hire, his arrogance continued, as he tried to threatened to call the cops on me b/c I was asking him question...My brother tried to reason with him by speaking calmly, to which I was as well...we had explained to just go ahead with the agreement because our kids were getting restless, he ju
He just went on this power trip and kept telling us to leave if we didn't have $500 cash...my husband came in after I had left, and tried to get a refund but had decided to go ahead and get the cash b/c Steve refused to refund his $$. Steve, went on telling my husband that he didn't know what happened, and that I was the one who started everything...my husband, said that I simply asked for the r
I simply asked for the rooms to be close together, and Steve said I was the one who went on a rant...He did not take accountability for his actions...when we were checking out, the other front desk person, was also rude and unpleasant...From all the hotels I've stayed in, including business trips...this is by far the worst experience I've had. T he Meadows location in Portland, is completely giving you guys a bad reputation...rude, arrogant front line staff.

2  Thank WilT_13

Hello WilT_13,

I will be talking with my General Manager to see what happened. We always strive to provide the best customer service and am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Again I am so sorry and hope that you will give us another try. Thanks

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Check in process was smooth. We had 4 gift cards of varying amounts and she didn't flinch and ran them all thru and then gave us a print out to show they have all been redeemed. The 2 nights ended up costing us less than $25 with the gift cards we had. And we were able to get directions to where we needed no issue.

There was ample parking. And it was just short walk to the MAX station which got us quickly into downtown and to the Rose Garden. And we did enjoy the hot tub 1 night.

The issues are that we when arrived there was a conversation going on at the front desk with 2 other employees that should have been not in a customer area. It was a bit loud and distracting and they were talking about other employees, in some detail. Painting was going on in the lobby when we arrived which was during a busy time right at check in time for most.

Also, breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. The breakfast room was completely packed at 8 am and the food supply was quite low. We grabbed a few things and then brought it back to the room. Then we went down at just before they closed and found some yogurt and a banana. Day 2 we didn't bother with breakfast, but when we checked out (after breakfast ended) the room was still pretty full.

Also, this hotel seems pretty dated in the hallways. The carpeting doesn't really match as you walk down the hall. The bedroom area looks like it was recently updated but the bathrooms were out of the 80's. Although the bathroom had been painted an orangish color, the paint had gotten on the outlets and elsewhere, so it wasn't done well.

It’s not in an area of Portland I normally stay, so I would really only stay here, if I needed to be in this specific area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Plaidbagel,

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the hot tub. That is great that the room cost you so little after using the gift cards. Gotta love a good deal. We are moving our breakfast into our meeting room as well as the normal room so there should be no more congestion issues.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

When we got to our room it smelled quite strongly of vinegar, espeacialy in the washroom. The overall room was great it had a nice TV and everyhing else you would expect from a Best Western.I have to say I was the least impressed with the washrooms. Unlike most Best Western's, there were no complimentry toiletries which was fine because in the shower there was a soap dispenser with shampoo ,conditioner and shower gel, However, when i went to have a shower that night there was no shampo and i was like if you don't want to have individual toiletries fine but at least refill for each guest, however, there was conditioner but the shower gel smelled like mens care and it stunk . breakfast had very litte selection and what was there wasn't anything to write home about. the pancake maker was empty when i tried to use it and when the lady refilled it the pancake tasted like rubber. The check in/out process was very quick, and for our one night stay it was OK.

1  Thank FamilyR0adTrip5
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear FamilyR0adTrip5,

We are glad you enjoyed our Samsung TV! For the bathrooms, we apologize if there was no shampoo in the dispenser. We will notify all personal related to the situation. One of our methods we use to be eco-friendly is by using Shampoo Dispensers which we were told eliminates 1000s of plastic bottles in local landfills. The liquids we use have natural and organic ingredients and do not contain any synthetic fragrances. We are displeased to hear, that you did not enjoy our new Pancake machine. We have been getting great reviews about the machine but will definitely test out the pancakes after the inputting new batter. For everyone, we try our best to have a healthy, nice variety of food options in our Breakfast and are always looking into ways of improving. Next time when in Portland, OR we hope you give us another try and are glad the check in/out process was a smooth process.