“Met our Expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Pensacola, FL
“Met our Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We only initially signed up for a two night stay in case we didn't like it here, but ended up staying all six nights we spent in Portland. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was about average for a moderately priced hotel, but more than enough to satisfy our needs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that opens to the pool side; otherwise you will have a view of a busy road & p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Yakima, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group. The staff were very friendly and the lobby but great for visiting with our party. Several nice restaurants nearby, including Elmer's next door and an Indian buffet up the road named Namaste.

1 Thank Colleen A
boise, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great, this is how we all want to be treated. From before we checked in, and until we checked out. The service we received on the phone making a reservation, to check in. Our entire stay every need day or night, was excellence. I really can't wait to return. I wish all hotels were like this one. Thank You, again.

Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on September 4th, 2013 and it was lovely! I live on the Oregon coast, so I wanted to feel rested before I left on my trip for my daughter's wedding & I could not have picked a better place! I am a single woman, traveling alone and when I made the reservation on the phone the front desk person said she would make sure I was in a courtyard room so I would feel safe and they did put me in a room near the lobby and I felt very safe. The front desk people at check in were so nice. The room was beautiful & clean, the patio was very nice as well. My flight left very early the next morning and Sue Ann drove me to the airport. We had a great conversation on the way and even though it was a short ride, I felt like I had a new friend! Sue Ann is a wonderful, cheerful, lovely person-hard to be all that when it's 4:00 in the morning! They kept my car at the hotel while I was gone as well. On my return, I called the number they had given me and very quickly, their shuttle arrived to get me. Amit was the driver this time and he was very pleasant and we had a nice conversation as well. I would stay here again just based on the staff. Lovely staff, Lovely property! Thank you, Kristin Love

Room Tip: Just state your preferences and I am sure you will be accommodated to the best of their ability!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank klove2013
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was ok, nothing fancy. I thought the rate was kind of high; however they did have smoking rooms which most hotels do not. The smoking rooms were clean and did not reak of smoke. I would skip the comp breakfast and stick with packaged food instead of the prepared food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Victorville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpfull with anything I needed. The room was very nice but the bed was a little hard. Nothing to complain about but just a little hard. Breakfast had many items and was well attended to.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked a room at the Best Western Pony Soldier Inn for a week. The room was large, well decorated and clean. It is actually one of the better Best Western Hotels I've stayed at. It is close to the Portland airport and directly next door to a great place for a reasonable breakfast and lunch. The downside is that management seems to be a little uncaring about their customers. I am diabetic and used the last of the sugar free syrup on the first day there. When I asked the manager if they had or could get more, he said he'd run to their local food club on Saturday but was not making a special trip just for syrup. I spend the remaining 5 days eating next door at Elmers and paying for my breakfast. It may be a small point, but to me, it displayed a lack of concern for his customers. Thankfully, the room was of a much higher standard than management.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business