“Best western”

Best Western Pony Soldier Inn - Airport
Ranked #17 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very nice hotel - they let us put all our luggage in one of our rooms at 11 am
Good location - right by the Max into town and shutte service to teh airport
They even had breakfast going before the due time - for us early tarevllers

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UkGailJ

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel was our stop-over after arriving late from the airport. There was a shuttle, and the driver was pleasant and helpful. Our breakfast the following morning was more than adequate. What impressed me most is that the driver didn't hesitate to return us to the airport the following morning to pick up a rental car. He took just the two of us without waiting for additional riders to gather. There was a slight problem at check-in--there was no record of our reservation even though I had paperwork to the contrary. The desk clerk quickly made amends. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel. Housekeeping was first class. All systems worked well with nothing in need of repair. The room I was in was very quiet which was a pleasant surprise considering the location being near the airport and street traffic nearby. I felt no special concern for my personal safety. Everyone I had contact with would be described as pleasant. I had a few special requests in my reservation which were accommodated to my satisfaction in all respects. I hope your future stay at this facility will be as nice as mine. I would surely stay here again if I was in the Portland area. Finally, a special thank you to all the people who work here in making this hotel an asset to the Best Western chain.

Room Tip: I stayed in upper level room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank zzz z
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel is clean, close to the airport, and public transit. The only reason it does not get 5 stars is due to the fact it is not a luxury hotel and does not advertise as one. Got into Portland Airport at midnight yet the staff could not have been more efficient and courteous. Dealt with 4 specific hotel personnel and I'd rate 3 as "5 Stars" the other "4 Stars" (out of 5)

The ONLY slight shortcoming was that their business department computer was a little slow, did not have MS-Office (or equivalent like OpenOffice) - yet - I'd be back here in a heartbeat when back in town. They really know how to take extra effort to accommodate guests.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank EvanStRouge
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My kids and I were visiting family that lived nearby. I wanted a place that I would feel safe at with my kids, since I was traveling without my husband. We did not have reservations and just walked in. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Room 101, not far from the lobby. The room/bath was very clean. It was pretty quiet, as we heard little from our neighbors. I felt very safe with the interior hallways. Although we never took advantage of the free continental breakfast, it looked yummy, and seemed to be enjoyed by many! We could see Mt. St. Helen from our room! There is a coffee shop next to the parking lot that was very good. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of Mt. St. Helen!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BusyLady45
Reviewed April 6, 2012

If your a traveler waiting for a plane. This is the place to stay. Very accommodating. Good People

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Bgtrucker
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The room was quiet and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They need new pillows and mattresses though. Hard as a rock and not very good pillows. Parking was good, over all, just and acerage hotel

Room Tip: Get a room pool side, much quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business