I would not recommend this tour to anyone who doesn't have $20.00 a person ( or $40 a person in our case) and 2 hours of your life to waste!! Born and raised in Portland, I was truly hoping to enjoy this, too see some of the infamous "Shanghai Tunnels"and maybe learn something new about this beautifully diverse city. But frankly this tour was beyond disappointing and you could learn and see more by simply googling Portland Oregon, I disapprove of this particular tour for the following reasons;
1. They charged our credit card for 4 tickets rather then 2. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal as mistakes happen. But after she stated she would make a note to have the charge credited back to us, and receiving a email to call them, we called and they said they knew nothing about it, and asked us to call again when the 'book keeper' is at her desk.
2. The tour seemed over booked and was split into 2 tours so toward the end we had another tour right on our heels rushing us to the finish of the tour.
3. The 'guide' wasn't even from Portland, we had a large group with us of 15 people and we could barely hear a word she said, and what we did hear was her rambling insistently and she seemed very scripted, bored and misinformed about her facts. When asked simple questions her response was " that's a good question." And without giving any explanation she would just move on.
4. At the "Keep Portland Weird" signs, she down played Portland every chance she had even stating "We stole the Keep Portland weird remark from Austin Texas!" We quickly passed through the hole in the ground at Oyster Bar only to arrive at Voodoo doughnuts(which unfortunately was the highlight of this tour) where she identified some menu item, including her favorites, and the amount of time in line it takes to get a doughnut.
(At this point all I could think about was standing in the doughnut line as I am certain I would have learned more about Portland in that 2 hour wait then I did on this tour!)
5.We seen 2 different holes in the floor covered by plexiglass and our guide almost mockingly exclaimed how these were "another example of what a Shanghai tunnel is not!" (Are you serious!)
6. At the end of the dreadfully boring tour they cram the large group into their basement that smells of urine and showed us literally a Brick wall saying "This is all that is left of the shanghai tunnels, we don't actually see any of the tunnels" and mocking us even further by asking "Are you angry?". Yes. I am angry I will never get that hour of my life back or the $80.00 I was over charged for this tour!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.