“Cool rooms, good location!”
Review of Ace Hotel Portland

Ace Hotel Portland
Ranked #60 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Brisbane, Australia
“Cool rooms, good location!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in room 201 and had a big lounge room, 2 tvs - 1 in the lounge room the other in the bedroom. Very spacious!

Clean and comfortable stay!

Free bike hire a bonus and the water front a nice ride to see the city's bridges.

But parking the car an additional $25 per night.

Free wifi.

A nice place to stay and location was walking distance to most sights.

A Portland must see- " The Shanghi tunnels"

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Eugene, OR
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Original warehouse-chic styling, with army-type blankets and no-nonsense flooring (old wooden; white and black hex in baths).
Quiet.
Stumptown Coffee in lobby.
Very nice restaurant also on premises.
Close to Pearl District.
Just about ideal.
Staff?
Friendly, but not cloyingly so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been looking forward to trying Ace, but was ultimately disappointed. Pros: friendly staff, cool decor, fun/unusual amenities (turntable! Nat Geo! bikes!), great location, very good breakfast. Cons: uncomfortable rooms, lumpy bed, no place to sit (one desk chair), dim lighting. I had to laugh at the reviewer that cursed out the front doors. They are a pain. I think if the rate had been (much) lower, I could recommend it to young, independent travelers. But for $130+/night I can get more comfort and a better night's sleep at many other hotels in PDX.

• Stayed April 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff here were so nice and friendly! I loved the vibe, the decor, the people!

My hotel room was extremely small. Which is fine, I'm okay with small and expected it. My room, despite the size, was very very cute and worked efficiently in the space it had. The real problem I had with my room is that the bed was so uncomfortable! It was as if my husband and I were sleeping on a floor.

Because of this, it made other things that would not have been a problem stick out to me. To me, if my bed isn't comfortable on my way it really hinders my entire experience with a place. I did not like that room service was not available for breakfast, and then what little they offered for dinner was very minimal. The coffee from Stumpton, the coffeeshop in the hotel, was 5 dollars if you wanted room service but only about 2 if you went downstairs and got it yourself. This does not include gratuity and the delivery charge. That seemed outrageous to me! Also, the cushion on the bed that acted as a headboard had a "mysterious" stain on it, that should have been dealt with before our arrival.

Luckily for Ace, it did have a lot of things going for them. However, I do think that they cared more about appearance than the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serenawren
Castellina In Chianti, Italy
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nuff said. Sparce rooms and very very tight. No space to even sit down accept on the bed. But all this would be acceptable if it wasnt over $150 per night! Should be half the price or they should double tbe size of each room and make them more comfortable. Wont stay again

• Stayed March 2013
Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sorry but I can't drink this kool-aid any longer. I have stayed here 3 times in the past 2 years. Each time I tell myself it will be different but it never really is. The decor, the vibe and the people are all amazing but if you are looking for a good nights sleep, this is not your place.

I don't want to sound like a granny, but the beads are lumpy, the pillows are made with cotton balls and you can here every person walking through the halls on the creaky wood floor. Ohh, and don't get the room next to the shared bathroom. Same story, you will here everything that goes on in there. The Ace is an average hotel at best in my opinion. I love funky, weird, historic, and vintage places/things but there has to be some peace and comfort involved as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Shane H
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed March 11, 2013

i went to porland for a 2 day class and stayed here. The hotel has a nice decoration, it's very well kept and it's on a great location (I saw a review where they said there was a lot of homeless, but I didn't see any more than in the rest of downtown). The room was very clean and people at the front desk where helpful and nice...I stay in a standard private bathroom room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo