“Cool Ride & Great View of The City!”

Portland Aerial Tram
Ranked #19 of 454 things to do in Portland
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First let me say that I'm super afraid of heights but I took a round-trip on this alone and it was great. Not scary at all and an excellent view of the city and the mountains off in the distance. I did my research first on their website to find out cost (just $4 round trip) and where the best place to park was (at the bottom where there are plenty of parking meters). Inside the tram there are a couple of seats to sit if you're unsure about standing, which I was. There is also an operator in the tram who verbally advised us as the tram transitioned and slightly dipped forward. At the top there's an observation platform you can get off on and take your time to snap picture or, you can be like me and just stay in the tram for the return trip back down.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The aerial tram is a good experience for a first time trip to Portland. Its inexpensive, just $4 per person for a round trip. And if you do not have a car on your trip you can take a street car that stops right at the bottom of the tram. The top stop of the tram lets you off at the Organ Health & Science University which has a wonderful lookout over the town. Its a great view of the city and you can see several of the peeks just beyond the city. If you allow yourself enough time, there are also some parks, and trails not too far from OHSU. But the tram itself only took about 15-20 min for the round trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I used to work at Sterling Vineyards in Calistoga, CA, taking their arial tram up to the top almost every day. I thought it was the best until I was visiting the VA hospital in Portland and had a chance to ride the tram from OHSU to the South waterfront. Spectacular views of the city, the distant mountains (Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens), the Willamette River below. While the Sterling trip is still worth taking, this just blows it out of the water!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

For $4 you can travel from the lower terminal at the Center for Health & Healing to the OHSU campus. The ride take only a few minutes but gives a great view of the city and surrounding area. It was pretty fun for my 6 year old. I'd say to at least try it once.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow! We are so happy we listened to the locals. Short and inexpensive ride with the most incredible views. You definitely don't want to go, if you are afraid of heights. Young kids were absolutely delighted with the experience. Great place to take some photos.