“Tourist Activity”

Portland Aerial Tram
Ranked #19 of 453 things to do in Portland
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We took 35 Chinese exchange students up to OHSU via the tram. They were so excited, took photos and said it was one of the best things we did with them~

1  Thank LLP1957

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Short, cheap, tram ride that offered a pretty beautiful view of the city. I was there anyway to visit OHSU, but I would likely ride again if I was in the area.

Tip: the Portland Perks coupon book has a buy one ride, get one free offer. Two of us rode round trip for $4. Can't beat that!

2  Thank PacificTravelTime
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The tram is an easy, fun way to oversee the city of Portland. Great for small children. It is a working activity - hospital staff actually use it for getting from the lower campus to the upper and vice versa.
At the bottom we took a short walk to the area where food trucks set up. On the Memorial Day weekend Saturday we had the choice of Thai, BBQ, and seafood, but I understand there can be more. Lovely area.

1  Thank crowleyjones
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I ride the tram three or four times a week, and I used to ride it to work and back every day for the two years that I live in the South Waterfront. And yet, I still find myself awestruck by the view. I dawdle at the top to take a picture and breathe in the air. Don't go to Portland without seeing the Tram - it's the best way to see the whole city laid out before you and the river snaking its way through downtown.

3  Thank Bigtrax
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Here's a quick way to see all of Portland, Oregon and the environments around it all at the same time - take the Aerial Tram from the southern waterfront area to the top of OHSU. Not only do you get a thrilling ride over the city, once you're at the top you've got a knockout view over all of Portland. There's also some great sculptures and art installations on the various balconies jutting out from the OHSU medical center.
If you live here, you've got to do this. If you're a visitor, this is a fast way to get the lay of the land over a good deal of Portland. If you hit it on a clear day you'll also see some amazing mountain views from thousands of miles away. Well, maybe not thousands, but more than 50 miles away!

1  Thank JGFrankPortland