“$2 Mimosa - Sunday Brunch”
Review of 23Hoyt

23Hoyt
Reserve with OpenTable
23Hoyt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #521 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hoyt Street
Transit: Street car stop at NW Lovejoy and NW 23rd Avenue.
Description: 23Hoyt is a favorite neighborhood restaurant and bar for people attracted to busy 23rd Avenue and the surrounding West Hills. Chef Lorenzo Capoccia's menu is both exciting and comforting. This can be your place for any special occasion or for any ole day of the week. We serve dinner every night with a fabulous happy hour and brunch on Saturday and Sunday featuring $2 mimosas!
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant had me at the $2 Mimosa. However I was totally won over again when the food arrived, eggs, toast and yummy roast potatoes with a side fruit plate--Nirvana when paired with the delicious $2 Mimosa. The service was wonderful and even on a lovely hot Sunday, we were still able to get an outdoor table for two. As soon as we were seated, the server brought out a large bottle of water for the table and two bite size blueberry scones for us to enjoy as we browsed the menu -- a very nice touch! I will defintely go back to this restuarant the next time I'm in Portland.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant is one of the many that line the wonderful 23rd Street venue in NW Portland's Alphabet District, one of the tony zones that supports its arrogance with wonderful urban grub in beautiful street side settings. Happy Hour is King and should be regarded as the way to connect to this area.

23 Hoyt, logically at the intersection of 23rd and Hoyt, is a sleek, urbane, spacious locale with outside tables (avoid those on the up slope...too much angle) and a very welcoming staff. Happy Hour in Portland is an institution unlike most other American cities. Restaurants don't dismiss HH shoppers as bar flies, rather as discerning customers. As a result, these guys make it a point to offer superb service, great menu values, exceptional sauces and everything brought to the table hot. And the prices range from $1-$6.

Deviled eggs with bacon and chives...what? Scrumptious is just the beginning. Mushroom ragu over polenta? Order a second. Steak bites with verde sauce...little short on quantity but delicious.

Wine selections at $5 a pour were terrific for a HH. And the stunner was a pour of Woodford Reserve for $8...folks this is the value of the decade.

For 4, the tab was $71.50...food was $40 and drinks were $31.50 (we were thirsty). And, I would put the manager, waiter, food handlers among the best we have ever encountered. They were not ashamed to be happy, polite and professional...almost as though they enjoyed their jobs. And most importantly, they did not introduce themselves to us in hopes we could become friends.

We enjoyed their efforts which resulted in this review. A 20+% tip followed...because it was worth it. Enjoy Happy Hour in Portland and make this a must-do spot.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We've been here several times for happy hour and once for dinner. We are never disappointed. The food is good, the service fine and the prices reasonable. Try the fried green beans, or the almonds. Their bartenders know their stuff and serve up great drinks.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

6 of us had dinner at 23 Hoyt the other night. I called early for a reservation, in case there would be a wait for a table for a large group. We were seated immediately (so i knew they were ready for us) at a very nIce table upstairs with a street view for those of us seated facing the windows. We ordered drinks and appetizers soon after being seated before we were ready to choose our entrees. The apps came very quickly, and were delicious, but the drinks took awhile...we actually finished the apps and were still waiting for the drinks. The wait for our entrees was average. Everyone was pleased with their entrees...tho I ordered mussels, which were prepared well, but was disappointed that they were barely warm. I know we were a party of 6 and large orders can be tricky to serve at the same time...but still, I expected to have the mussels served hot. Otherwise, the service was very good and the food very delicious. I was a little surprised that our server was wearing very worn out jeans...in a restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins and a more upscale menu and prices.
We would definitely go back again. It was a very nice evening and I would recommend 23 Hoyt.

Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I reviewed other people's comments about this place and decided to try it. Sure, the food was good but, the service horrible!! My boyfriend and I waited 20 minutes after we received our appetizer for a waiter to come get our entree order. I work in the restaurant biz and I found it ridiculously unacceptable!!