“Great Happy Hour”
Review of 23Hoyt

23Hoyt
Reserve with OpenTable
23Hoyt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #498 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hoyt Street
Transit: Street car stop at NW Lovejoy and NW 23rd Avenue.
Description: 23Hoyt is a favorite neighborhood restaurant and bar for people attracted to busy 23rd Avenue and the surrounding West Hills. Chef Lorenzo Capoccia's menu is both exciting and comforting. This can be your place for any special occasion or for any ole day of the week. We serve dinner every night with a fabulous happy hour and brunch on Saturday and Sunday featuring $2 mimosas!
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We've been here several times for happy hour and once for dinner. We are never disappointed. The food is good, the service fine and the prices reasonable. Try the fried green beans, or the almonds. Their bartenders know their stuff and serve up great drinks.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

6 of us had dinner at 23 Hoyt the other night. I called early for a reservation, in case there would be a wait for a table for a large group. We were seated immediately (so i knew they were ready for us) at a very nIce table upstairs with a street view for those of us seated facing the windows. We ordered drinks and appetizers soon after being seated before we were ready to choose our entrees. The apps came very quickly, and were delicious, but the drinks took awhile...we actually finished the apps and were still waiting for the drinks. The wait for our entrees was average. Everyone was pleased with their entrees...tho I ordered mussels, which were prepared well, but was disappointed that they were barely warm. I know we were a party of 6 and large orders can be tricky to serve at the same time...but still, I expected to have the mussels served hot. Otherwise, the service was very good and the food very delicious. I was a little surprised that our server was wearing very worn out jeans...in a restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins and a more upscale menu and prices.
We would definitely go back again. It was a very nice evening and I would recommend 23 Hoyt.

Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I reviewed other people's comments about this place and decided to try it. Sure, the food was good but, the service horrible!! My boyfriend and I waited 20 minutes after we received our appetizer for a waiter to come get our entree order. I work in the restaurant biz and I found it ridiculously unacceptable!!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

and nice service...what else is there to say? Oh, they also have a nice Happy Hour.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Happy hours in Portland are offer great value.