“Simply amazing...”
Review of 23Hoyt

23Hoyt
Reserve with OpenTable
23Hoyt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #518 of 4,293 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hoyt Street
Transit: Street car stop at NW Lovejoy and NW 23rd Avenue.
Description: 23Hoyt is a favorite neighborhood restaurant and bar for people attracted to busy 23rd Avenue and the surrounding West Hills. Chef Lorenzo Capoccia's menu is both exciting and comforting. This can be your place for any special occasion or for any ole day of the week. We serve dinner every night with a fabulous happy hour and brunch on Saturday and Sunday featuring $2 mimosas!
dallas
“Simply amazing...”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Although meatball flatbread wasn't all it could have been, literally everything else was awesome! We started with the happy hour fries and the aioli dipping sauce was great! The risotto and salmon (we chose salmon with the pork chop set-up) were fantastic! To top it off their homemade salted caramel ice cream was the best!!!! Highly recommend!

Portland, Oregon
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Two friends and I stopped by for happy hour. Nice outside sidewalk seating, good service, good drinks and nice little flatbread pizza-like noshes to munch on. I will return for dinner.

• Visited June 2011
Valladolid, Mexico
“I do not understand the mixed reviews --we had a GREAT MEAL !!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We went on the evening of "Mother's Day Sunday" and had a GREAT meal and EXCELLENT service. The martinis were wonderfully prepared and they made them with our favorite speciality gin. The salad was well prepared and nicely presented. I had the chicken (which was tasty) and the others had the beef cheeks - and thought they were wonderful. The deserts and coffee service were nicely done. WE WILL GO BACK!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank wwtravelerAAA
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Outstanding food, but quite expensive. We left feeling a bit ripped off.”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Outstanding food, but quite expensive. We left feeling a bit ripped off.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Camas, Washington
“Happy Anniversary”
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We made a trip into Portland for a last-minute wedding anniversary dinner. When we got there, I was a little apprehensive of the cool, hip ambience; my experience in the past has been this is a sign of show over substance. We were pleasantly surprised.

A Pate de campagne appetizer with poached apple and frisee was nicely balanced, opening up the flavors in the pate. The asian pear and arugula salad had too much blue cheese according to my wife. She ate all the pistachios, though. Personally, I needed to be shooed off her plate. The pasta and fennel sausage plate was great blend of flavors. My striped bass was perfectly cooked and served on the most interesting hash I've ever had featuring beef cheeks and chanterelles. Desert was an irish car bomb, a semi-fredo made with Bailey's and hazelnuts. Decadent and worth a trip on its own.

What I really liked about chef Aaron Burnett's menu is how flavors worked together, complementing and opening up the other ingredients. It's probably not rocket science, but as a budding foodie, it struck me especially well tonight.

The most pleasant surprise was the check, which came to just over $100 despite three glasses of somewhat overpriced wine and a coffee to boot. Not bad for a high caliber restaurant.