“Pretty good Thai in Portland”
Review of Pok Pok Restaurant

Pok Pok Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 4,861 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited Pok Pok on the recommendation of an acquittance at a conference. It was a very good recommendation. Every dish was very well prepared, tasty and had the right amount of heat. The waiter asked about heat. My wife and I never tone it down. The chef delivered at just the right heat/spiciness.

Pok Pok is a short distance beyond the Pearl District. Walk a couple extra blocks. It’s well worth the walk.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Luckily we didn't have to wait and could seat right away.

The food was really good and spicy ( which I love it and we were told in advance), service was great but I thought it too pricy!

overall nice experience and cool atmosphere

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Waited for more than an hour to get a table for a party of 8. The food especially the wings was good. Loved the spicy wings and the papaya salad paired with sticky rice.
The staff weren’t so friendly though .

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Very cool place with interesting take on Thai food. It was a quiet night, but still enjoyable. They had an outside area that looked nice, but it was bit too cold to enjoy the night we were there. The waitress was very helpful in answering our questions. Prices seemed a few dollars higher than they should have been, but as we were on vacation its part of the deal. I am not sure how often we would visit if we were locals

Reviewed October 24, 2018

PokPok was recommended to us by a friend who used to reside in Portland. It's a popular place so get some reservations (The minimum for reservations is 6).

If you have less than that they will text you when your table is ready! Try some of the clay pot dishes-- amazing. We also had the Yam Wun Sen which was outstanding.
The staff is a hard working bunch of busy bees, always ready with a refill or answer to a question.

I am telling everyone I know who will be visiting Portland that they have got to try this place. I know i'm going back the next time I'm in the neighborhood!

Thanks PokPok for an outstanding dinner and memorable experience!

Date of visit: September 2018