“Achingly good food!!”
Review of Le Pigeon

Le Pigeon
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Pigeon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: #12 and #20 buses.
CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Achingly good food!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a phenomenal meal!We got the 7 course tasting menu- do NOT HESITATE to do this! Perfectly plated, perfectly timed wonderful food! We did the wine (and 1 great beer) pairing -AWESOME. yes we sat at a long table with several other couples, honestly coming from the north east if we didn't want to be chatty we had enough room to keep to ourselves. Here on the east coast space is limited and the table reminded me of several eateries in NYC. But we were feeling chatty and the couples to either side of us enhanced the experience! Its hard to call out any of the courses specifically but we think our favorites were uni and roe tapicoa, pork belly, and oh my god the foie gras profiteroles This was HANDS DOWN the best meal we had in Oregon! GO

Santa Barbara, California, United States
“The Best Food of our Trip”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Get a reservation but swing a set at the chef's counter if you can. This was the tightest kitchen I have ever seen and the best food for our trip hands down. This should be your trip splurge. They have tons of options but it is worth trying one of the tasting menus if you can swing it. Really balanced well thought out gourmet.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Portland”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere is very cute/cozy - french country. The food was good, but very rich so be prepared to leave feeling extremely full. Great local wine and beer selections. Particularly found the steak tartare with fried oysters unique and interesting

Visited October 2012
Portland, Oregon
“One of the best”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've enjoyed two meals at Le Pigeon and each time I give it top rankings to delight a true foodie. First, the minus -- it is a very noisy and crowded place, with the tables squished together. Don't go expecting a quiet, romantic, elegant dining experience. But go for the food. Each bite is a delight. It's one of the places where I can close my eyes and savor each bite. I've made my way through most of the Eater 30 top places in Portland, and Le Pigeon comes out in the top one to three (it's so hard to choose!) I also found the service to be excellent each time.

• Visited May 2012
Edwardsville, IL
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were really looking forward to this restaurant based on reviews and menu. It didn't come close to living up to our expectations. My husband's lamb was poorly cooked, overdone and stringy. My sweetbreads with mole were better. The mole sauce was very good - but the sweetbreads seemed to have very little flavor of their own. My appetizer was steak tartare and it tasted good but I'm fairly certain it was what made me ill later in the evening. I suspect i was not the only guest with that reaction. The salad was great.
I didn't mind the other people at our long table - they were nice to talk to. But I did mind the loud (probably drunk) guy at the counter who was never asked to quiet down or leave. I would never go back.

Visited October 2012