“First time!”

Neighborhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Cross street: Everett
“First time!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great food, great service! Better than I imagined. The cocktails were amazing. I think I would have to say I had the best scallops I have ever had. Nice intimate atmosphere, but not uptight.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Portion sizes”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I love the food here, but was dismayed to see my trout entree half the size of my friends duck entree. I was still hungry so had dessert. The Panna cotta was made in a mold like a mini-muffin holder and contained only 3-4 bites for the $7.
I eat out alot and don't mind paying for nice restaurants, but I like to feel that I got my moneys worth and I did not.
Suggestion: Please add some more vegies to your entrees. Just a few spoonfuls of vegies seems cheap on your part. Also it would basically cost you pennies to make the panna cotta larger.

• Visited June 2012
1,208 restaurant reviews
“The best restaurant in PDX”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

When Chris is in the kitchen, this is the best restaurant in town. His cuisine is decadent and challenging and inventive.

And don't be a dumbaxe when you go there and order a burger. You can get a burger anywhere and ordering one makes you look like an uncouth yokel.

And order the BLT cocktail.

Mason, Ohio
“You Have To Try It!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were from out of town, and visited here on a Friday night because we had a Groupon. I would argue that this was probably my favorite dining experience in all 4 days we were in Portland. The menu is a little eccentric and "outside the box" in terms of concept. But IT WORKS. From the cocktails, to the starters, entrees, and dessert, everything complimented everything. The flavors are wonderful, complex, and appetizing. The whole meal was memorable.

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Average Food, nothing special”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We had high hopes when we looked at the menu online and already had our entrees picked out when we arrived. The 4 of us ordered the Charcuterie plate and the bison tar-tar to start. The selection of meats and fish were nice, but nothing exceptional. The tar-tar was good. For dinner we ordered the bacon wrapped quail, the poached cod and two burgers. The cod was bland, the burgers (ordered by our guys who are burger snobs) were average or below. One burger was ordered with the foie gras and it was lost in the burger. Not worth the extra $14. The bacon wrapped quail was the best entree. The bacon and bold sausage helped give the naturally lean quail flavor and texture. Everyone agreed it was very good. Our server was very friendly and helpful, It seemed as though all tables filled at the same time, which will slow down service, so I don't hold that against our server. Overall the experience was average.

• Visited May 2012