“D is for Disappointing Fir” 2 of 5 bubbles

Doug Fir
Ranked #208 of 4,236 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The iconic Doug Fir is regarded as one of Portland's finest establishments that combines live music, great dining and hip style that draws local fans and visitors from around the world. The restaurant is open 7 days a week and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night food in addtion to a distinctive list of cocktails plus local and regional beers. The Lounge boasts a concert schedule of 300+ nights of live music a year.
Vancouver, Canada
“D is for Disappointing Fir”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Cool looking place however the food and the drinks were awful. The waitress even said to not order the food as it was bland...she was right. Their cocktails were lacking. We ordered the simple hummus plate and it was a massacre of radishes, cucumber and tasteless hummus. They put hot sauce on the top to try and hide the bland flavour but didn't help. This place has so much potential to be great IF they do something about the food. The music venue downstairs was great for live music and the staff were friendly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Cameron Park, CA
“Customer NO service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

You sit yourself outside and order from the snotty female bartendar who will barely speak to you. They drop off the food and then never check on you and were suppose to tip for this, not a chance! My advice go dine down the street at the brewery.

Visited September 2013
Pa
“Good Hip Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Everyone uses the word hip for this club and restaurant. All types of people here, young and older. Service was prompt and food was good. Had Salmon last night for dinner and it was presented professionally. Killer Bloody Mary for breakfast today. Served with a pickled green bean, really a treat. I had another it was so good. Question: Why do hostess think that all single guys want to sit at the bar. I travel a lot and get that question. If I wanted to drink and get falling down drunk I would belly up to the bar. If I wish to eat I eat at a table. I suspect this upset the boy, girl, boy, girl concept, which sucks. I could care less, my money my table. Tuff toenails! If restaurants don't want single folks they should put up a sign...NO SINGLES ALLOWED!
When the hostess asked me at breakfast if I wished to sit at the bar, I said NO! She went silent. Kinda rude if you ask me. Anyways, the food was good, service was good, the staff here are always cool people working here.

Portland, OR
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends and I met here for happy hour because some coworkers had recommended it. We sat outside and had drinks and HH food only, so the dinner or breakfast may be a different experience. I was not overwhelmed. It is a nice space with good out door seating area, but no table service out there. You need to go into the bar to get your drinks and order the food. We shared a hummus plate that was really good and the beef medallions that were good also. But the chicken tacos were just tasteless. When the server brought out our hummus plate, she seemed annoyed when we requested little plates. Drinks were good, space OK, food 2 out of 3. So, just average for me. There are many great places within 2-3 blocks that I would rather frequent.

Sacramento, California
“Breakfast and Bar Lounging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Jupiter Hotel next door and ate breakfast one morning and enjoyed the Happy Hour Bar specials two nights in a row. The French Toast breakfast was absolutely fine and was quite filling. The Happy Hour specials were really good in my opinion, the tacos were just the right size with good flavor and just a bit of heat. The Slider burgers were tasty as was the Humus Dish. Amy our bartender one night was great and personable.

We liked the ambiance and the overall feel of the Doug Fir Lounge. The outdoor seating area was nice including a fire pit. We did not see a show so we cannot make any comments regarding seeing Live Music at their venue.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Doug Fir? Share your experiences!