“All about the pizza-don't expect fine dining and get there early”
Review of Apizza Scholls

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 48th
Transit: Tri Met # 14
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had heard that Apizza Scholls had fantastic pizza, but I read some reviews about long waits and poor service, so I was a little leary. We got there early-a good 20 minutes before it opened and were first in line. First off, the place is super tiny, 10 or so tables in the main area and a couple more in a bigger area off to the side. So a long wait is inevitable. As for service, our server was spectacular, but he was nice and attentive and did all the stuff he was supposed to do. Which brings me to the pizza. It is easily one of the best pizza experiences I've had in Portland, in the US that includes many cities. It is artisan pizza, so thin crust and great toppings. We had a plain cheese/half sausage and a capicola pizza and started with a very good cesar salad. We tried our hardest, but we took a lot of this incredible pizza home. The cheese and sauce with the crust were fresh and delicious. The sausage was good Italian sausage and the capicola was amazing. We took wine as the corkage is only $10 and their selection is a bit lacking. We very much enjoyed our visit here and will be back again. If you like the thin crust, artisan pizza, this is a great choice.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Visiting Portland to see my son and his family, they said we had to go eat at the PIZZA NAZI. Recognizing the Seinfeld reference, I laughed and asked why. They explained how great the pizza was and that they ran out of dough each night, as it is made the previous night and once the dough is gone, "NO PIZZA FOR YOU!" Also, no reservations, takeout only on selected evenings and then you have to go there and order.,.no phone or online ordering. This is due to the limitied amount of dough available.

Saying the pizza was great is such an understatement! The pizza was textbook PERFECTION! The brick oven and high temp resulted in a crispy, slightly smokey crust. The fresh ingredients, cheese, and crust created the perfect pizza. Did not want to get to that last piece..,I wanted it to last forever.

Everyone is right about the wait. Ours was 1 hour. Not being one to wait at restaurants, I agreed only because of their reputation and my son's recommendation. So glad we waited. I can't imagine having missed this meal!!

If you are anywhere near this place and like pizza, you better not pass up this place.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sure the wait is long and the place is small, but do you really have anything better to do with your time? My advice first and foremost... get here early! We waited about 40 minutes for our table and we were literally the LAST people they let in because they only had ONE pizza dough left. While we were waiting, they turned away about 10 people because they had no dough left. And when we got our pizza it was absolutely huge! The service is great and very attentive. The place usually opens around 430-5, but I would be one of the first ones in line. Unfortunately this isn't one of those restraurants where the wait is shorter the later it gets. If you wait too long, you may be eating elsewhere.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Yeah, you're going to wait for a table. Grab a beer, chat with your date or friends. It's worth it. The truffle oil pizza was off the chain. The other two we had (sausage and...........one other?) were simply well above average.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

After reading most of the reviews the only negative comments about Apizza Schollis is the wait. That what happens when you have great pizza. Most people are willing to wait for a good pizza. When we arrived we were told there was a 20 minute wait and that's exactly how long we waited for a large table for five. The pizza was great and the service was great. I will be back.