“That Burger, sooooo good. Oh, and the Capella Porter that is very tasty as well.”
Review of Ecliptic Brewing

Ecliptic Brewing
Ranked #89 of 4,955 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed February 19, 2019

The namesake burger, is so good. We stopped there with a ForkTown Food Tour, where we had a glass of the Capella Porter (1 glass is not enough, and I don't like porters) and 1/2 of the Ecliptic Burger, of man was it good. 1/2 was not enough really wanted a whole burger, fortunately my wife does not eat a lot of meat so I got her 1/2.
the whole menu looks outrageous and worthy of another trip back.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Popped in to have a few beers. Admittedly I did not try the food. Just had a few brews at the bar. Was there on a Friday night, so it was packed and loud. However, thee beers were quite good, and above average for Portland. (That says something in Portland.) The range was impressive. I especially enjoyed the 10 Xs around the Sun.

The bar staff were attentive if not a bit quirky. Overall, this is a place I would go out of my way to return to.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2019

I had planned to drive out to Ecliptic Brewery on a Monday as I recalled that was a special day at that place. I also recalled that they have a special deal when you buy a beer and a burger. And that they have their brewery tour at Noon on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. I had done that a year ago and that must be why I was thinking Monday would be best day.

Well it was a Tuesday when I drove there for my Recon beer mission for Commander Kranitz and his Lost Planet Airmen. And with this brewery being a place that had beers with a space theme this was the ideal place that suit them to a tee.

I arrived about time for Happy Hour– 3PM. Parked in their small parking lot and walked into the entrance. This is where they have their Merchandise. And restrooms. Take a right and you can head in to the bar area where you will find the bar, some tables, and some booths. There is a door leading outside to an outdoor patio. Which this January was covered with a white covering to protect you from the Portland rain.

I looked at the fliers and menus on one of the tables. I noticed that The burger and beer deal was on Tuesdays. A Burger and a beer for just $15. But it has to be their special Burger for that deal. Most of the burgers are $15 so with this deal you end up getting the beer to go along with the burger. So as soon as Happy Hour started I parked my trousers on a seat at the bar and looked over the Burgers on the menu. What caught my eye was this– LAMB BURGER $15. And that is what I wanted. Not the special Burger for the $15 deal. I just had to have that Lamb Burger!

So I ordered the Lamb Burger and a pint of Phobos Single Hop Red Ale to keep the Martians happy. You can find the beer list on the wall at both ends of the bar– in multicolors. And if you gas at the wall at the end you will find a hug mural of plants circling a sun. and distinctive lamps hanging from the ceiling that reminded me of Brain washing helmets from some old 1950's Science Fiction film. After a few drinks they kinda look like 3D plants in the mural. But be careful, when you reach that point even Venusian gals stat looking good!

There is a bicycle rack in the parking lot should you wish to do the healthy thing of cycling and stopping in for a refreshing beverage. In Commander Kranitz case, it will be handy for him to chain up his jetpack. And he will be pleased to hear that the service is excellent. The beer is Excellent. They are out of this world!

Mondays turns out the be the day where Happy Hour is-- ALL DAY.
Tuesday through Friday Happy Hour is 3 to 6 PM.

Open Monday through Thursday:11 AM to 10 PM
Open Friday and Saturday from: 11 AM to 11 PM.
Open Sunday from: 11 AM to 9 PM

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Zucchini Carbonara with cashew sauce is probably healthier than what I ended up eating, I have made a great stroganoff using cashes sauce. But there were no other calories to speak off and the taste was just so so.

The burger and fries , part of their normal menu was really good, better than I remember it being , though not so healthy.

The beer is good, but as great as I remember, on par with other good micro brews. They always have had a Porter on tap when I have been here, so that is a plus for me.
And of course they have IPA, for the rest of Portland.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Portland has a lot of breweries, and this is one of them. Ordered a beer sampler (I got to choose which beers from their list) which was just excellent, and then we had some appetizers, and I had a burger for my meal. Overall, I thought the place was very nice, the beer excellent, and the food was very good. I will definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2018