“Great Dinner”

Cross street: 10th & Hawthorne
Portland
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our experience. This is a small, cozy restaurant with nice, romantic atmosphere. The chicken & risotto were wonderful. The chicken was so tender it melted in your mouth. My husband had the lamb ragout which was really good also. The cheese plate appetizer was a work of art beautifully displayed. The cheeses were a little strange for my taste, but my husband liked them. They also had some unique wine offerings. They had one of our favorite wines from a small boutique winery that we have never seen in a restaurant before. Overall this was a great dinner & great service.

• Visited June 2013

Broomfield, Colorado
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I usually don't like Southern-oriented Italian restaurants. They are too focused on pasta with tomato sauce. This was different. We did try it on a recommendation. Everyone loved what they had and liked what tastings we shared, particularly the polenta. All of us want to go back

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank rjsteinborn
portland
“Freshly Made & Unique Italian Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

From Gluten free lasagna to Pork in Madeira wine sauce to some sort of fresh fish from the coast that day...the Iorio menu is always a fun adventure.

My wife had the fresh Gnocchi and we also shared a delicious bowl of soup and full leaf Ceaser.

I had the pork, which was great.

They also have a nice kids menu which is a step up from the usual kids fare but things they still liked.

Our server was very attentive & we've always had excellent service which is another reason we like coming back to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really wish I could use a half star. Iorio is a 4.5 star restaurant. Really great food. A pleasant atmosphere. A wide assortment of wines and cocktails on the in-house list. And, yet a truly developing waitstaff.

Let me explain. I think the food is really solid. There is a "comfort" element to the menu that will allow even the most anglicized Italian food eater to find a favorite. The sophistication comes from the dedication and clarity to provincial tastes and styles.

The meatballs are fantastic. The fresh made gluten-free pasta was outstanding. The calamari made with corn flour was . . . superb. The texture of the breading and the quality of the fish, made the calamari some of the best I have ever tasted. Although I would have preferred a nice pesto to the mayo-based "marinara" (better referred to as a sauce) served.

The one draw back, there does not seem to be an emphasis on professional service that would elevate Iorio from a 4.5 star restaurant to a 4.75 or even 5 star restaurant. The little things are what make the big difference and this is why I rate a truly unique and worth visiting place like Iorio with 4.5 instead of 5.

My challenge - to return to the restaurant with a clean palate and an unbiased opinion. As I really want to rate this delightful place a 5 star.

• Visited February 2013
Seattle
“Cozy, delicious Italian spot”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In Portland's SE section, with nothing much attractive surrounding it, sits this wonderful Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is cozy, the prices are reasonable, and the food is excellent. They're very accommodating to gluten-free diners, which was a plus for us. Everyone at our table of four raved about their dinners. Not a single complaint or regret about their orders.Everything was fresh and tasty, the wines were very good. It was a memorable meal, and a place I look forward to visiting again.

• Visited January 2013