“Charming place in Portland”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of A Painted Lady Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Painted Lady Inn
Ranked #17 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Charming place in Portland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I only spent a night at this charming B&B. The place is very nice and brings you back into the late 19th century with the decoration, wall paper, furniture, etc. The place is clean, conveniently located and relatively small such to make you feel at home.

The cottage outside is the only option with private bath. The rooms inside the main building share two bathrooms.

Breakfast was good but nothing extraordinary.

Overall it was an average deal with a cost that matched the service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We greatly enjoyed our visit to the Painted Lady. A lovely restored Victorian house with crackling fireplaces. Jody was a wonderful host, doing strange and wonderful things with scrambled eggs. (Do ask about the hot water system before you take your shower, though. There are intricacies.)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am very impressed with the hospitality and warmth The Painted Lady Inn offers. During my recent stay during the cold snap of winter the house was warm and inviting as was Jodie. She let me look around and admire the rooms. With the space available she has managed to maintain the balance of Victorian richness and comfort with the convenience of a fantastic location and great value. For the cost of an overnight stay it is difficult to beat this quality. The rooms are impeccably decorated and clean. The breakfast table is a delight of conversation with other guests and Jodie's own cooking which is light, refreshing and delicious. The Painted Lady Inn and Jodie has the highest of recommendations in my opinion. As a Brit aborad this truly made me feel at home.

Room Tip: For larger groups The Cottage is ideal and the other rooms are ideal for couples being quite spaciou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here in mid-December while visiting family and friends in Portland and were the only guests. The Painted Lady is close to shops, coffeehouses, bookstores and transportation. The house itself was cozy and tastefully decorated. The room itself was inviting (if somewhat chilly), the bed was warm and very comfortable, and the breakfast delicious. We stayed in the only room on the first floor which had a private bath just outside of the room. If staying again, we would choose one of the three upstairs rooms since the downstairs room was above where the owners lived and was somewhat noisy during the day (for our afternoon nap) which was unavoidable and certainly no fault of the owners. All in all this was a great place to stay for our short trip and would definitely consider for future visits.

Room Tip: Choose the downstairs room for more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I just spend three nights at A Painted Lady in the beautiful Irvington Neighborhood in Portland. I chose to stay in the cottage rather than in the house, because I enjoy that sort of setting. I had complete privacy, and couldn't have been happier with the cottage itself. It was truly charming. Jody was the ideal host, making me feel welcome without being intrusive.

Since the cottage has a kitchen I had my own breakfast and didn't eat in the house, so I can't comment on that aspect. My overall experience was completely positive, however, and I highly recommend A Painted Lady.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet, private, cozy, well-appointed space, you can't beat the cottage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked a room for a few days at A Painted Lady on the recommendation of a friend who has stayed here multiple times over the years when she visits her brother who lives nearby. Jody has done a wonderful job renovating and furnishing this lovely old Victorian. I was fortunate to come in the spring when the lilac was in full bloom, which was a treat to see (and smell!) from the front porch swing. The common areas downstairs are beautifully furnished, and there are cozy places to curl up with a good book. There is very easy access to downtown and Northwest Portland via public transport. Check out nearby Milo's Cafe for tasty fare, Twisted (a fun yarn shop) and Broadway Books (wonderful independent bookstore with friendly staff), all within easy walking distance of A Painted Lady. Breakfast was delicious (the eggs were my favorite), and a couple of mornings I found that I had stayed and chatted with Jody and the other guests for well over an hour! (My intention is usually to eat and head out, but I totally lost track of time). We stayed upstairs in The Master, which had a very comfortable bed and a sitting area, enough room to visit with our son and daughter-in-law who live nearby. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is my second stay at A Painted Lady and I enjoyed it even more the second time. I now consider this my home away from home while in Portland. The accommodations are cozy and comfortable, the house solid, warm, and charming. And Jody, our hostess, is wonderful and fun, a true original.

I love the charm of this old place (love the porch swing; one of my favorite places!) and as a bonus, it sits smack dab in the midst of one of the most vibrant, beautiful, user-friendly neighborhoods in a city that has its share of these. Give it a try! You won't be sorrry.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a bathroom down the hall, the master is a great room at the top of the house...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family